Show Myriad Hack status on portals?

sanshinesanshine ✭✭✭

This would help so much, if we could see on Scanner (or even only on Intel) a special ornament on the portals that we hacked already - that info must be available somewhere already, since the servers must know if our hacks count or not.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

there will be a counter in the scanner.. nothing else.

• ThaldeonThaldeon ✭✭✭

The problem is that the count is per agent and the special ornament, as long as i know, is related to the portal, so it would not work.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

It would be more like how the pogo stops change color when you hack them or the HP inns have smoke coming from the chimney when you have visited them.

• ThaldeonThaldeon ✭✭✭

yes, but this feature doesn't exist in ingress.

• Ingress doesn't do that for your lifetime unique hacks and captures. For me part of the challenge is remembering where you've been before. I'm pretty good at that and my Explorer badge is at 69696 currently.

• AstargAstarg ✭✭
    edited July 2019

Remembering where you've been before, location-wise, is irrelevant since new portals come online everyday. I doubt anyone can remember every portal they visit.

They could put a small flame emanating at the base of the portal, or some other small visual like an 'XM cloud', to visually identify that you haven't hacked it yet. Tie it into the story line in some way.

• sanshinesanshine ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they can't do that now in scanner ("it will be possible only on the new servers" I suppose), but it should be on their radar. And maybe look into getting this kind of info pushed to Intel at some point.