Idea - Glyphs, Quantum Capsules & Keys

BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

I had an idea as I was glyphing the other day (bored out of my mind while doing it), and figured it could solve the Qcap/Key duplication problem.

Change regular tap hack to give the same amount of items as a "good/decent" glyph hack, and make glyphing be a new way to get keys.

1 glyph = 1 extra key, 2 glyphs = 2 extra keys etc (or something similar to this, maybe a small randomish range?)

Group farming was always something I enjoyed back in the day, and glyphs really killed this. I do say this as Founder with 230k glyph points, so it's not like I can't glyph.

We could then make it so keys no longer dupe in Qcaps, which I believe is also a long standing issue in the game and quite broken, especially with hard to reach portals.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2022

Glyphing already does increase your chances with keys. AFAIK every 100% bonus gives you an extra "75% chance at a key" roll. So a P8 has a higher chance of multiple keys.

I do agree that the output from tap hacks could be increased, or alternatively, glyphing output goes back to its original value of simply 10% per correct glyph, plus a speed bonus if you get them all.

And 100% Quantum's should stop duping keys.

• Twenty percent of people have dyslexia. We hate glyphing. If I could only get keys by glyphing, I'll need all portals to stay L2 or below. And longer time to glyph. NO NEW GLYPHS. And we need to get rid of a few of the glyphs shaped like an M or N.

IOW: This suggestion would RUIN the dynamics of the game for many agents.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

20...or 02 percent? That seems like a high percentage.

• From https://dyslexia.yale.edu/dyslexia/dyslexia-faq/

Dyslexia affects 20 percent of the population and represents 80–90 percent of all those with learning disabilities. It is the most common of all neuro-cognitive disorders.

Not everyone is severe tho. I onyx'd glypher. But I think "left" and "right" are stupid concepts (even for a 2d world).

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

The dyslexia point you bring up is interesting.

My idea would reduce the amount of times glyphing is required.

1. No more glyphing for regular gear. You would still have the regular key/no key option on the portal screen as well.

2. You would get more keys from a portal on average no matter, so less glyphing.