auto-killed

i'm using an ... older phone ...Moto Z3 made by Motorola running Android 9 and i've got Ingress version 2.89.1

i've noticed this weird issue where when i send Ingress to background because i have to have the screen open to something else for an extended period..[like having to send a text message, answer a phone call and stuff like that] instead of coming back to foreground when i use the Ingress icon it restarts the app from scratch like when i first started it ...

Tagged:
1 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i think its because old phone cant keep it running in the background so it kills the ingress app...

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

My iPhone 12 Pro Max is also doing this more and more. I think Ingress is having a memory leak or something, it's re-starting way more often.

• Ingress is a big app, and it's not a prioritized app, so it's the first on the chopping block when the system is choosing what to throw out to gain 10Mb of extra RAM.

• I also have a Z3. I also see this. I expect that it's because all apps are getting bigger, there's less memory to go around, I have more stored media on the system (pictures, etc), and when I flip over, there's just not enough memory to hold it all, so it evicts the background process called "Ingress"

• you mean that battery optimization feature ??? because it shouldn't be that...i set it to have the app not optimized...not sure what version of Android you're running but Android 9 lets you change that setting for certain apps... including Ingress

• Unless you rooted your phone and thus can't play Ingress, its a System Management action to allow the phone to continue functioning by evicting the highest RAM usage non-prioritized app when more memory is requested by an application.