Concerns re: Spoofing [A Dedicated Thread]
Dear Agents -
I wanna talk to you about spoofing and support. @NianticVK, @NianticBlue, and I really feel your pain, and I want you to know that I spend a lot of time sharing your feedback internally (not just related to spoofing!).
To help us make sure we’re collecting feedback related to spoofing in a productive way, we’re centralizing the conversation to this thread. We’re also going to start enforcing our Ingress Community Guidelines, in particular when conversations get heated and some of our guidelines are ignored or violated.
Until I’m able to share more updates with you with regards to spoofing, here is how we'll move forward with those conversations here on the forum:
- This is your dedicated thread about spoofing. Any other threads related to spoofing will be closed and directed here. Continuing to create new threads after we’ve directed you here will result in warnings and if it continues, possible forum suspension/bans.
- The Ingress Community Forum is not Support. The folks helping with the community are not equipped to provide support assistance and we cannot discuss account-related details in public (forums, social media, Telegram, etc).
- This thread is not an escalation path and while it will be monitored and feedback shared internally where appropriate, it is unlikely that you will get a response from the team monitoring the forum. Why have the thread then? Because I want you to have a place where you can share your frustrations, because we are listening, and because I want to make sure we preserve the rest of the forum for other conversations.
- Posts containing information beyond support ticket numbers will be edited (possibly deleted) and will be issued warnings. If they continue, we’ll evaluate whether banning from the forum is appropriate. The posting of Agent Codenames with accusations of cheating is against the Ingress Community Guidelines. Specific details and concerns should be submitted via Support channels.
- Keep it civil and constructive. I 1000% understand that you are frustrated and angry - I know you want to make the game that we all love so much better. Because this is a Community Forum, we are going to be more active in warning Agents who continue to be rude, negative, or toxic in order to encourage and foster a positive environment. I’m not expecting rainbows and sunshine, but I’m expecting better. Continued unproductive behavior after warnings may result in forum suspension/banning.
- I continue to meet with our teams to both understand how things work in all areas of Ingress and to share your feedback. While effort is being made to improve the overall Support experience, it will take time and we appreciate your patience while we do this work.
Thank you for loving Ingress so passionately and I hope to be the bearer of some more news on the anti-cheat front before too long.