Niantic Social Begins Open Beta

13»

Comments

• Looks like discord, but only with text channels and built-in game only ..

Anyway, I can imagine this can be helpful, but if there will be also some option how to open it via the web browser, it will be really great

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Notifications about the game while in chat is vital.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@Juuuuuice Over a month now. Do we have any updates on this issue?

I'm going to keep on tagging you every week or so, since there has been basically no updates since it was released.

• @bluesfemme

To create a community group, select the Community tab in Social as you normally would, and at the bottom of the list of community groups on the left is a plus button.

From there, you can create a community.

There are two types of communities that can be created: public and private.

As for social, Ingress, HPWU, and Catan are currently coexisting on the same map.

Eventually, Pokémon Go and TF will join them.

There is no feature to filter only Ingress Agents at the moment.

It is recommended that the name of the community group that is created should have a name that is easily recognizable as Ingress.

1a) Private community groups are not visible on the MAP to people who do not belong to the group.

Members need to invite others or give them an invitation code.

Referral links could be obtained at one time, but I can't find that item now, and it may be that the function is temporarily restricted.

@hacman87

If you are asking about the icon on the right side of the map, this is the number of people who are sharing their current location.

Location sharing can be used in community groups or DM, and is only visible to the group or person to whom you are sharing.

Here you can see the number of people who have turned on location sharing in any of the groups you belong to.

Try it out with your friends.

I hope this is helpful to you guys.

(Sorry for the screenshot in Japanese.

• Do we have an option to opt out of this after mistakenly enabling the service yet? Will opening a ticket do it, or is there a better way? Ideally it should be a check box in the settings similar to email spam option, and when unchecking it and some current profile existing, it should warn to delete all social related stuff. thanks for implementing this in the next update.

• No, there isn't any option to opt out. I've already asked for it. And I've already opened a ticket, with no answer (1). Please note that I didn't accept any of the "policy screens" that are provided on entering. And yes, I am quite upset with this.

1) see thread here https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/17578/opt-out-or-disable#latest

emmeseven

• I got a core membership and still don’t have access? Is it not allowed for all core members?

• you're not missing anything of value. I'm a core member and I'd actually pay to not be part of this mess.

• just need an invite, have you reached out to your local/virtual communities to see if anyone could invite you? that's how i got in.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@Juuuuuice Nearly 3 months now. Do we have any updates on this issue? You haven't even logged into the forums since Dec 13th 2021.

I've replied to the so called ticket that was opened for the "invalid username" issue. No reply for anyone. Was the ticket closed? Who knows? No one replies. Just further confirming Niantic's historic lack of communication.

Has there even been any updates on Niantic Social since it was released? Does anyone from the Niantic Social team even look at these forums, that are specifically for your product?

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

I have a few requests.

I would like to request improvements.

(1) It is very slow. Please make it lighter.

(2) I would like to be able to view and post not only from within the application, but also from a web browser. (I don't want it to be a native app)

(3) If you click "Join Group" by mistake, you can't leave a group until you join it, no matter what kind of group it is. If I click "Disagree," I would like to be automatically removed from the group.

(4) If you currently have separate authentication accounts for each game (Gmail, FB, Apple, Nintendo, etc.), you cannot merge them. (The message "account already in use" appears.) Therefore, it is impossible to merge friends, so please make it possible to authenticate these accounts.

Please help us.

• I still cant access niantic social what can be the problem

• If you have an ad blocker (like adaware) it won't let you in. Niantic harvesting that info too. I have to turn off adaware before using it every time.