NianticVK, plz read carefully

quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in General

Dear @NianticVK!

If you can't explain why our spoofer reports are being closed without any substantive investigation, but advise us to keep hitting this wall, please change the agent login when copy-pasting the answer.

I understand that for you all agents are equally irritable, but try an individual approach.

Post edited by NianticVK on

Comments

• ладно, с этого даже я посмеялся, так на атыбись ответить это надо уметь

• не всё то верт, что верт для вас :)

• all reports matter. keep doing, agent!

• xMAXIMxxMAXIMx ✭✭
    edited January 2022

думаешь мои репорты так же не закрывают?)

закрывают ещё как)

десяток этих циферок могу накидать

тока вот смысОл какой?

ниа сказали что хрен вам с маслом через форумы и этого придерживается

edit: хрен всем с маслом, а не только вам*

• хм, если приблизить яндекс карту, то сомнения как раз появляются в виде зеленой линии недалеко от портала. я, конечно, тот ещё специалист локам из метро. а если из маршрута в 29 минут вычесть 19 минут пешкодрала, то прям сомнения усиливаются.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i did an in app report before the post.

and for once the spoofer was banned less than 24h later. didn't had time to post that .

Not sure if in app report or forum post because the 2 others that i didn't talk about are still active 😅

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@NianticVK @NianticBrian @NianticThia

So, another report (№16000479) closed w/o any actions against new spoofer uaisnrop. What next? Should I file another one report and have a phantom chance that your smart baboon wrongly hits the correct button? :)

Post edited by quirischa on
  • Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I guess to be fair to Niantic, there are a lot of resources out there that encourage players to spoof such as websites, web videos, etc. The important question is how do we deter/discourage those players and spoofing resources from exploiting the Achilles' heel of this game?

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

There are not only players that are helping and utilizing and exploiting spoofers, there are even players speaking for them and indirectly hindering other players from effectively reporting those spoofers through various means. You can feel it sometime.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're being targeted repeatedly by a spoofer, then they are a troll that's out to get you.

Trolls feed off of attention, so stop giving it to them. Don't complain about them in public: not in game, not on Reddit, not on Twitter, not on these forums, etc. They'll be scouring the Internet looking for any sign that they've hurt you, and your tears will only serve to further motivate them.

• SerroZelernySerroZelerny ✭✭
    edited January 2022

we keep reporting

Post edited by SerroZelerny on
  • Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@UltraViolator and@LuoboTiX , if Niantic comes after websites, apps, and developers that encourage players either by teaching or offering subscription services for spoofing in Ingress Prime and Pokemon Go just like what it did with Global ++, it would help discourage spoofing. The problem is spoofing is not handled in a uniform manner in both games. It seems Niantic is more relaxed in enforcing account bans among spoofing PoGo players and some instances in Ingress Prime.

If Niantic also handles credible reports from its legitimate players about spoofing activities in a timely fashion; it will also help deter spoofers, keep the legitimate agents (aka legitimate clients) happy, and prevent loss of revenues for Niantic too. A win-win situation for everyone.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

If!

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@NianticVK , legitimate clients want to be heard because they care about the game which would ultimately make the game fun and enjoyable. Thus, retaining your existing client base. One thing that a company particularly start-ups needs to remember is when clients cease to interact and express their opinions to improve customer service; the company's client base shrinks.

One can tell a company's culture with the way they handle their customer service.

• Long live @Azhreia ! Our Vanguardian Angel haha.

I was debating between starting a new thread or posting here but I feel this is better.

I have been targeted for last week by a psych0 that has created or used 12 accounts to **** me and some of my faction mates. I have reported (and our Vanguardian Angel too, I feel that thanks to them all these account have been effectively banned in matter of hours) a total of 15 accounts from the same person until yesterday that was when they were last seen with a banned account.

FIFTEEN FREAKING ACCOUNTS, I've been told that they have seen worse cases, and I wonder how is is this even possible, what efforts are being made to stop this?.

Can't Niantic make a link between all these accounts and ban their IP? or leave that phone useless to play nia games? there must be way, a trace or code that all those accounts have in common.

I want to know if there's any way to contact people working at Niantic (if there's any) and expose this case personally because this is another level of psychopath. This person is someone that is so used to doing this, they could level up an account to level 7 in less than 2 hours leaving it ready to bring down any portal they want and some of those accounts were old from about 200 to 140 days old, others were brand new but they were leveled up so fast. Checking the comm messages from the old accounts (using ways that I believe are not allowed but what else could I do to try to connect the dots if niantic isn't able to cut this from the root) I was able to see that this person enjoys playing this way and had many message of people calling them out.

Anyway @NianticThia @NianticVK @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial , can I talk to somebody to provide proof of these accounts, mostly report numbers and comm screenshots, for an investigation about this person? They can do a lot of harm in this game and discourage many people to play with these ways of harassing and bothering people and I'd like to ask you to stop them. This person hasn't showed up since yesterday morning but at this moment nothing is stopping him from coming back at any time and keep molesting people.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

@Noctarion :

Can't Niantic make a link between all these accounts and ban their IP?

The nature of the (IPV4) Internet ensures that banning an IP risks quite a bit of collateral damage: many devices share the same IP.

or leave that phone useless to play nia games?

In the name of privacy, newer versions of iOS and Android have been making it increasingly difficult to uniquely identify the device someone is using. Also, some people have the means to keep purchasing new devices ad nauseam. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if there are hacks that obscure or fake a phone's identity.

I want to know if there's any way to contact people working at Niantic (if there's any) and expose this case personally because this is another level of psychopath.

Did they name an account "DeathTo<agent's car's license plate>"? Because I have a teammate who was targeted like that, and by far more than "FIFTEEN FREAKING ACCOUNTS".

If your spoofer is truly a psychopath, file a court case, get a subpoena to force Niantic to give up what information they have, and see where that takes you. I know someone who needed to get and enforce a restraining order against another agent, and that's the length they went to.

Meanwhile, I have another teammate who's spent the better part of a year (or more) wasting his time and money defending himself in court against frivolous charges filed against him by a local spoofer. Nothing puts the trivialities of the virtual world in perspective quite like having your real world, legal rights and freedoms challenged.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Oh c'mon. It's already 2022. We have 50+ ways and means to identify relationship between multiple accounts. Forget the 1980s IP address things, please. The problem is the team's not trying to ban the devices at all, not "how to identify the relevant devices".

This discussion has been closed.