Ingress 2.89.1 Release Notes

edited April 2022 in Release Notes

• FITREP (Fitness Report): Added a weekly summary of distance trekked and progress towards Kinetic Capsule Programs to remind more Agents to refine items with Kinetic Capsule and move towards Trekker.

• Updated Ingress account deletion flow in Settings menu.

• Fixed bug where Agents were able to recycle premium items.

Note: there is a known issue that the team is working on where some Agents may have the FITREP pop up more than once a week because we really, really want to make sure you see your Fitness Report just kidding but it will be fixed in ING 2.91.

Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting

Is this gonna lead into a bounty board system?

• Good!

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

What I really want to know: With the Kinetic Capsule progress being so... central in that pop up, it seems like there isn't supposed to be space for a second Kinetic Capsule. Does that mean that Niantic finally decided not to sell new Kcaps? In the original announcement, there was talk about Kinetic Capsules with limited uses being sold in the store, but it was never followed up upon.

• 56km? What will they give as a reward? a rare beacon maybe or adas and jarvis?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooh, a badge for Kinetic capsules completed soon?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Will we not get more kinetics? Pogo has 9 max u can have we only will ever have just 1?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

You can technically have 12 on the go at once on Pokémon GO.

9 in main and then 3 in bonus (which are from tasks/Rocket battles/Adventure Sync rewards)

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

If it's going to be "28 km Distance trekked", then it should be "11056 kCal Energy burned" (or just, "11056 kCal burned"). Calorie is a unit of energy, just as a kilometer is a unit of distance.

Furthermore, it seems like it should probably be kcal, with a lowercase C? Without a wordy clarification, I'd go: 1 Cal = 1 Calorie, with 2 kCal = 2000 Calorie = "standard diet," at least as the typical America thinks of it and sees it on a nutrition label, which all makes 11056 kCal comically absurd in what appears to be an otherwise realistic screenshot.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy the journal thing over then as well, nicer information.

Any update regarding the latency?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

O right 12...i dont play it so much these days 😅

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

How about more recipes for crafting? Maybe some sort of new XM object that can be hacked and used on the portal network?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see crafted items that aren't hackable.

Already suggested several.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I can't understand how fitrep fits to secret agent scanner and see no toggle to turn another annoying thing off(why annoying for me - i can use GFit or MiFit or weekly stat IF i am interested.)

But i'm talking about translation OR window design at all

First line says "walked N km - distance"

Second line says "N kcal - calories used".

Why to repeat - kcal and calories"?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Pokémon suffering from the latency we are having in Ingress? Because that is why we are losing players left and right.

i was hopeful when they finally addressed the issue in the latest update, at least partly and an attempt; it still not fixed. Maybe they should put their focus 100% in getting the game back in a state where we can all just play and the game doesn’t feel like we’re playing with thousands together in one place for an anomaly.

during the kreuze event even deploying a portal was a challenge, and that should take priority over everything else. We’ve been having issues long enough now. I couldn’t care less about these additions to the game, but maybe some other people do.

• CoopersmithCoopersmith ✭✭
    edited January 2022

8 km is the distance to complete a K-Cap. There are seven days in a week. 8 X 7 is . . . 56.

Additionally, 8 km is approximately 5 miles which is also approximately 10,000 steps which is also a commonly recommended amount of exercise a person should get per day (yet not based on actual science).

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they did more to promote team play but maybe its hard due to corona... Now its more solo play really and here is your weekly calories burned isnt really why i play...

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Echoing the same, wish there was more promotion for team play.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got the update, and there is a problem @NianticThia

You can't actually look at it again once the app is already opened.

It isn't on the main menu, or in settings.

• .How can I pull up the Fitrep again if I missed it? I was just shown my first one and it disappeared too fast to read

• macbaramacbara ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Yeah! Though i thought it would show how many kinetics capsules did i made

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway to access the weekly fitrep once u dismiss it ? I guess its like in pogo u click it away and u cant see this information after.. it should be saved somewhere maybe.