Just watched someone remove an Aegis with 2 xmps

Really unfair don't you think???!!!!

Walking a lot, use 3 shields and 2 xmps blow way an Aegis shield.

😔

2 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that happens sometimes

• AXA Shield was a big thing...

But that portal with Aegis Shield probably was attacked before then

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

It's random - sometimes you just get lucky.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

RNG, luck of draw, shields have been useless for years anyway....

• Isn’t weapons level L1-L8 is about range? If you’re right on top of the portal, they generate same damage. Yes, no?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Even one Aegis shield should negate a good amount of even L8 burster damage, even while right on top of the portal. They were asking why the Aegis was popped off after 2 attacks, not the damage to the Resonators themselves. When it comes to destroying mods the distance to the portal really has little impact as long as the attack reaches the center of the portal.

And the answer is like what has already been said, sometimes you get lucky. Stickiness doesn’t guarantee it won’t pop off, it just reduces the chances it will. Yes it’s usually ‘easier’ to pop off with Ultra Strikes. But it’s not impossible with XMP.

• @ArkFang Makes sense. I usually blow them off first with Ultra Strikes and then use busters to take out the resonators. I noticed that sometimes the final burst doesn’t happen until I capture the portal and the energy build up keeps rotating in a ball on the portal until it’s captured after take down. Doesn’t happen all the time either. I’ve wondered if that that is a glitch or intended design

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

It's about range and power. An L8 XMP does far more damage in your immediate vicinity, e.g., to a resonator you're standing next to, than an L1 XMP.