Coming Soon: Manage Contributions

2»

Comments

• I'm still waiting for agents to get credit for edit agreements. (When the PokeMonGo badge was created, it included edit agreements. Niantic promised they'd someday add them for agents too. Maybe we get them currently, but we are still owed prior ones.)

The wording "1 Daily accrual / 40 Daily Max" looks like you accrue one a day, but you can only use a maximum of 40 in a given day. So if you don't nominate anything, you could accrue 100 nominations. Then use your "40 daily max" one day, another 40 the next day, and you'd have 22 for the third day. (I know it means "40 maximum accrual", but that is not what it says.)

Also, "You have reached your daily Portal nominations of 40" looks like Niantic thinks you can't nominate today. (Same message with "Portal replaced with "photo", etc.) Better: "You have accrued your maximum Portal nominations of 40." Best: "You have accrued your maximum of 40 Wayspot nominations."

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I was being a bit dense... the issue is that when I see "What is X?" I expect it to be answered in different words to explain what X is. I see now that you didn't mean "What is daily accrual?" but "What is the rate of daily accrual?". Yes I know basically what the word means, but I wasn't sure exactly what it meant in the Ingress context. I also think it sounds like a distinctively American way of saying it, which means it's a bit more opaque for other nationalities to understand. Lastly, I think I misread the bottom line and thought we were being offered one portal scan per day and that didn't seem right...

So. You have 40 nominations available and you can use them whenever you like, but you only get one back per day and can never have more than 40. You get 400 scans but when you use them you only get 50 back per day.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

So the fix was supposed to be live the 6th, at the time I commented it was the 14th, we're at the 18th of January now, and the backlog still isn't processed. Discovered portals is now 2 for the past month, whilst at least 12 have gone live.

The list of things 'to be sorted' is becoming a whole series of books.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe Thia was only talking about the fix of the stat incrementing again. The filling of the backlog doesn't seem to have started yet, I'm still missing points as well.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's weird. Because she posted it on the 11th, and already had confirmation that the points were added for new portals.

In any case, guess we'll just have to wait and see, soontm.

• Like300WombatsLike300Wombats ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@NianticBrian or @NianticThia

WHEN do they accrue? That is to say, what time of day does the accrual hit?

I was making a push for Onyx Scout (and now Scout Controller) when I noticed the new accrual system was in place for scans, but I still haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when they accrue...which would help me to determine when to plan to head out for scanning.

Also...you do realize you have effectively reduced the number of scans we're able to do in a week, right? Previously it was 400 per week, since whatever number we scanned in a day was returned to us after a 7 day wait...but we never had fewer than 400 in a week. NOW once we have used the initial 400, since they accrue at a rate of 50 per day we are effectively limited to 350 per week. Not sure why that was necessary.

• Hi 👋🏼

i have a bug in portal contributions: the download stopped at 3,13%. Why ? My phone is on wifi and plugged.