Ingame "Friends"

So in Pokemon Go and Harry Potter, you can add friends. In Ingress you can't.

I feel this feature should be added. Here's why:

Privacy. A lot of agents set their scanner stats to private. Whatever their reason, I feel that we should be able to add friends who then can view our scanner stats as if they were open.

There might be other useful additions to having in-game friends, but this is something I've been thinking about.

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

We dont need add friends in Prime.

• vctrsigmavctrsigma ✭✭✭

I like the idea of being able to see an agent's profile on demand (with their consent) so can see neat banners/badges/ap , the private stats bypass seems reasonable and nice as well.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Yes, please! It would really help to keep friends organized now that we have lost the "friend" feature from Google+. One possible use of friends might be the ability to give items to friends (like Trade in Pokemon Go) avoiding having to drop items on the floor.

• Thanks for the input and thoughts.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

it would be cool if u can be friends and u can name a capsule with gifts for a certain friend and only that person can pick it up, so no thief in public can steal it :D

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Dropping capsules is a Nice thing. When you want to do something with that i would love to see capsules like shards. A sent to option. Choose a (linked) portal as destination. So you do not need to be at same location. Capsule however should remain on the ground

• I can't quote yet, but I like the idea of capsules as shards. That'd be awesome!

• Sounds good only that nothing is what it seems on Ingress. The newer players might not share sentiments with the veterans though. There have been rather ugly disputes and clashes over the years both on comms and in real life. Ingress allows anyone to track the whereabouts of a person simply by observing actions comms. On one hand, it allows you to look for a common player to say hi. On the other, it sets up for abusive stalking and sometimes doxxing.

We can already interact with one another via the comms though I would caution on the authenticity of this open system.

Which is why local communities have been forged and even run websites or social blogs to organise meetups and mini-events. It is a needless feature though a good suggestion with pure intent based on observations in PoGo and HPWU.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This would make big field ops too easy I feel. Right now, a lot of coordination and planning goes into farming and distributing the keys for large projects. If a link could be created and keys transferred that way, I feel it would be too easy.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @NianticScot lock it and we only can add agents from same team. If you are green you cant add blue agents or you are blue you cant add green agents.

• WEZEWWEZEW ✭✭

This would be a good feature for helping new recruits level up. I have assisted many agents level up but when it comes to the stage of badge requirements I have to ask them what badge they are closest to getting and let them know which would be easiest to focus on. I think a gift share type idea is a bit much though. One of the quantity's I liked about ingress is that there was no silly gimmicky things like the so many that pogo has. To see them now creeping into Prime is a shame and shows that eventually Prime won't be looking for parity with Ingress Pure [REDACTED] but instead parity with pogo.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I don't see why we would do that. What if you have a little competition going with some of your XF friends, who don't like to have their stats open to everyone, but are willing to share with you because you have a friendly competition going on?

If friends are something that's possible, one could easily have friends on both factions. You obviously choose the friends yourself, so if you don't want XF friends, don't friend them.