Coming Soon: Manage Contributions

edited April 2022 in Release Notes

On Wednesday, 12 January, we will enable a Manage Contributions screen in the Settings menu under Portal Contributions. Once enabled, you will be able to manage individual Portal Scans and select which Portal Scan to upload or delete, in addition to bulk uploading all Portal Scans.

We are targeting the afternoon UTC-8 (PST) on Wednesday and will post again when finished!

EDIT

1459 UTC-7, 12 January

Portal Scan management is now live!

Also live:

• Daily accrual for nominations is now activated
  • Upload Later for Portal images is now activated (Upload Later for Portal Nominations will not be activated until after everyone is on 2.88)

What is the daily accrual for nominations?

We updated the contribution limit mechanism from a 14 day wait period to accrue, to a daily accrual system, with increased max daily quota based on the contribution type to be in-line with limits announced in the Wayfarer Community last October. This applies to Portal nominations, reports, and AR scans. You’ll see this reflected in the messaging in your settings and the nominations or editing screens.

• New Nominations - 1 Daily accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Title Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Description Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Location Edits - 1 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Photo Submissions - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • Abuse Reports - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
  • AR Scanning - 50 Daily Accrual / 400 Daily Max

Post edited by NianticThia on
Tagged:

Comments

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

photos still aren't added to portals even when accepted. Will this be fixed too ?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

And the stats aren't updated either in regards to new portals discovered. :(

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems to have been fixed, new portals gave me +1s the last few days. The stats haven't been backlogged though, so about 10 portals or so are missing from my personal stats.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, well it's great that new submissions are now added, but what good is this stat if the 'missed' discovered portals are not added retroactively? Not fixed if you ask me. I don't care about the missed AP, but the stat should be updated.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice QOL update, thank you

Would love to see how many scans it takes to become a scout controller. When you roll up to a portal and it says 28, but no idea if it's been 30 days or not

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been checking portals which say “no scout controller”, but after looking again, it does have a scout controller, definitely not added recently. Like the details were not fetched correctly.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been seeing that for awhile. I just assumed it's not pulling the data from the server quick enough. It's got me a couple times though, get home, upload scans and still not get controller, only to find a portal actually had 3 scans instead of the 0 I thought.

• I attempted portal scan few times and kept getting error messages before it’s completed. Is that a bug, or what’s the trick to get it done without error or glitch?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool feature

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Why is this thread in the "Release Notes" section @NianticBrian or @NianticThia its made all the version numbers look obselete now ??

Surely this should be in "General" or "News" & have the 2.88.1 number attached.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Never had issues with scan upload(nor for 1 with cellular nor for packet load via wlan) - but this seems to be useful improvement. Although i'd better like fixed "portals approved" stat :)

• a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭

More submissions! Finally we got it!

Now I can sumbit much more new during trips without saving photos in "Submit if return to that city later" folder :)

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the daily accrual for nominations?

We updated the contribution limit mechanism from a 14 day wait period to accrue, to a daily accrual system,

That doesn't answer the question - it just states it again without explaining what it is.

What is it? What are the actual rules?

• I don't know what you're asking @starwort - or what we're not answering I guess?

• New Nominations - 1 Daily accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Title Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Description Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Location Edits - 1 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Photo Submissions - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • Abuse Reports - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
    • AR Scanning - 50 Daily Accrual / 400 Daily Max

You earn 1 new nomination a day, 2 title edits a day, 2 description edits a day, etc, and accrue them to the max listed above.

Once I know what you're looking for, I can probably answer but I am not sure what you need. :(

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I'd guess that @starwort is looking for a definition of "daily accrual."

The bulleted list reads oddly to me, and I know what you're trying to say. "Daily accrual" isn't a thing I can have 2 of; it's a process. "Daily max" isn't a thing I can have 40 of; it's a single value, a limit.

"Photo submissions: 2 per day, up to a limit of 40." Or something like that.

• SnowXTCSnowXTC ✭✭✭

@NianticThia So the way I understand this is we earn 1 nomination a day, up to a total of 40. So we could essentially put in 40 nominations in 1 day, but the next day we could only put in 1 nomination. Or we could wait 20 days and put in 20 nominations. If you wait 40 days and accrue 40 nominations, you could put in 15 one day, 15 the next day, and 12 the next day, possibly 13 depending on when they accrue.

How many accruals do we start with? 1 for today or more?

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you look in the app? This is what I see when I try to add a photo to a portal, for example:

• I like this update, but backlog of portal nominations seems hopeless though. I hope there is a solution for faster review process

• You will start with the maximum number you can have, 40 in the case of nominations.

You can use all 40 nominations in one day if you wish, once you start using your quota it will be replenished at the rate of 1 per day up to the maximum of 40.

• Hope this helps. A simpler word would probably have been a better choice, given the international nature of the player base:

ac·cru·al

noun

noun: accrual; plural noun: accruals

the accumulation or increase of something over time, especially payments or benefits.

"all debts must be frozen with no further accrual of interest"

• En hora buena, ahora lo que falta es que implementen la función Ordenar misiones. Para así poder colocar en Orden misiones antiguas en sus banner respectivos. Sería grandioso. Saludos desde Bolivia 🇧🇴 :)

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

with 80 nomination (ingress + pogo) and not counting multiaccount so we're going for 5 to 10 years for nomination queue now.

time to give a real bonus for reviewing.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know? There has been zero communication; and it’s not like they have a track record for doing the right thing.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know it won't be backlogged? We're on the same page here but in the past, the database would log new portal visits even when you didn't visit new ones. I at least have some confidence backlogged entries will be added to your stats especially when Wayfarer keeps all data on what you have submitted. Ingress unfortunately has a lot of legacy coding that predates Wayfarer.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Nomination queue has always been dependent on what they use for the queueing - I imagine it involves the S2 layer of some z value. You're talking about Niantic's optimization which would have a queue regardless of the number or quality of submissions along with number of reviewers.

Out of the many nominations I've submitted since 2013, I'm pretty sure my queue is actually empty but some items still say "in queue" when in reality they have been dealt with - I know I have seen some existing portals with my photos and the queue never marked it as a duplicate. I'm going to see if asking Wayfarer about them will at least stop them from saying they're in the queue. I got too involved with tracking them with having an Excel sheet telling me the average wait time - just remember "a watched pot never boils" 😂 (for the curious, the sheet says 38 days was the average time)