[Feature Request] Catching & Collecting Data Fragments

paramountcyparamountcy ✭✭
edited January 2022 in General

Hello.

I'm new here, so I don't really know how things work around here. 😅 I wanted to make a Feature Request.

In the area I'm living there are not many Portals, perhaps a new mechanic can be implemented in the Game? Such as Collection of "Data Fragments"? The player would have to collect a bunch of these fragments to fill a progress bar or something like that.

To "catch" a Data Fragment player would need to guess a sequence/passphrase or resolve a small problem/GlyphHack (with a time limit).

After filling the Data Fragment Collection progress bar the player could be rewarded a small amount of CMU (similarly as in PokéGo for holding a Gym).

Collecting Data Fragments could also have a Streak effect.

There could also be Different types of Data.

Some of the Data Fragments could be Encrypted and the Player would need to use a Decryptor and decryption would take place as the player walks around (similar to the Egg Incubation mechanic in PokéGo).

Each Data Fragment would have different random value (bytes?). that would go to the specific Data Progress.

Post edited by paramountcy on

Comments

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really care one way or another whether there's some in-game way to earn CMU, but this "feature" has nothing to do with Ingress.

By design, it doesn't require interacting with portals, which is what the game's mechanics revolve around.

It also seemingly has nothing to do with exploring the real world, getting exercise, and so on.

• paramountcyparamountcy ✭✭
    edited January 2022

Some of the Data Fragments could be Encrypted and the Player would need to use a Decryptor and decryption would take place as the player walks around (similar to the Egg Incubation mechanic in PokéGo).

It could also use the Adventure Sync to motivate the player to walk around more even when not playing Ingress.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

This doesn't quite make sense to me, but it does make me think of the puzzle portal feature I've wanted for a while. I'll start a new thread.

• Yeah, well, that's exactly it! All the game revolves around the Portals.

That's is why I am proposing an introduction of a New Mechanic, that is not revolving around them.

The "Data Fragments" could be analogous to Pokémon in PokéGo.

And, the "Encrypted Data" could be analogous to Eggs in PokéGo.

My mother tongue isn't English, maybe I am not making myself clear..