Missions - mosaics vs single missions.

Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

Do you prefer doing mosaics or single missions? Maybe you don't like it at all? Share your thoughts.

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Singles feel more like real badges to collect.

Mosaics are just wallpaper in the profile. I do like the ones of 1 to 4 lines. More than that became ugly.

• Mosaics, absolutely. But I agree with Hydraulinski, more than 4 lines, sometimes they are ugly.

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my favorite missions have been singles, but I'm always reluctant to do them for fear of messing up my rows. If there were a way to reorder missions I'd do more singles, but as it is, mosaics by a landslide.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Both. I like to collect singles to show I've been somewhere, and have no qualms about doing more singles to get my rows back into alignment.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

i tend to like both, depending. if its a big banner and convoluted actions to acquire each picture hard pass.

smaller banners with easier qualifications i am good with.

single icon missions where the icon graphic shows the place the mission was done are my all time fav - city/state seals or something where i can just scroll through my profile and see in print in front of me where the mission was done makes me smile.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never do mosaics. I think most of them are ugly, and a lazy way to upgrade the SpecOps medal.

I do, however, agree that people who do mosaics out of order are doing it wrong. Either do mosaics right, or don't do them. There's no valid in-between, people!

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

@XK150 maybe you should consider making your own? If you like good quality in missions, I think yours would be popular, because everyone loves good and well thought mission:)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Glenuendo maybe the problem is the lack of enough single missions in the world because everyone got the mosaic fever!

• I like both - mosaics for a nice full picture, singles if I don't have enough time when travelling. I have completed some mosaics when travelling. I plan it out so that I can visit those areas as I complete the missions. Makes it a combination of travelling, sightseeing and also playing Ingress.

Some of the singles I do are part of a series so can be done on its own or as a complete set of 12 (2 rows).

At the end of the day, Ingress players at Level 7 and above can submit missions - submit something that you and your community will enjoy :)

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

single missions sucks.. if u do 1 u have to do 5 more.. with mosaik u can do a nice rows even a 6 piece banner and u have a free row for next banner.

• When i started playing i only did single missions but now i have done a bunch of banners i can't do single missions unless i can find 6 of them so i don't throw out my banners but i do prefer to do banners because i think they look really good and give me something to do for a day or two depending on the size of the banner.

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

I love mosaics, but I hate the fact I can't re-order them in the scanner. Makes it feel like a chore, sometimes you want to do a single mission because you're in that area, but you can't because it screws up the mosaic.

It'd be great to be able to put it 'on hold' or something..

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

Mosaics are most of the times the best ways to see the most of a place/city and visit the most portals in the most efficient time. That is if they are designed right.

• AstargAstarg ✭✭

Mosaics. I did a few FS ones, then had to do more singles to complete the row. Some get silly though with 8-10 rows of missions for the mosaic.

• I never do mosaics but I do collect single missions as souvenirs of places I've visited. Every now and then I scroll back through my badges and recall all the places Ingress has taken me.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Singles, simply because I don't have to worry about the order I do them in or "messing" them up by doing another single mission.

• Both. For me missions are a fun way to learn about a new place when I'm traveling. If I'm short on time, I'll whip out a few singles. If I have some extended downtime I'll do a banner. In my experience I've found singles to be more uniquely themed (even some puzzles, which I enjoyed) and banners turn into a walk 'n hack tour. Just depends on your mood & time.

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I prefere Mosaics. I prefere the bigger ones.

• I'm happy doing either, and don't even worry if I do a banner out of sequence, or only single parts of one. When visiting a place I'm unfamiliar with, I prefer missions where the portals have to be done in sequence rather than in any order, as I hope the creator has made them in a logical order. I don't like getting to a junction and have 2 portals shown that are in different directions and not know which is the 'best' way to go! Also, I don't like banners where portals are reused across different missions in case I burn them out. Tip for creators: If there aren't enough individual portals to create a full banner of 6/12/18 etc., consider having the first portal in each mission as a simple question (e.g. "Which number mission is this in the banner?")

• FuZeBxFuZeBx ✭✭

I love banners. The larger the better.

When visiting new cities when I know I can play Ingress, finding a huge banner mission is a great way to explore, get lots of uniques, and add to the mission score.

Currently over 1700 missions. I think I have done 12 that were not part of a banner.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Usually I do banners. However, if there is a special single mission which commemorates something interesting, then I will do the single mission and try to fill up the row with other random single ones nearby or at the next opportunity. Examples for single missions I did:

• Nemesis mission
    • NL1331 missions (2)
    • Archaeology park (no banner, just single mission)
    • wildlife park (2)
    • single mission along a hiking trail
    • Camp Navarro (2017) missions

At Abaddon Prime Chicago Mission day I accidentally did an old mission, took that as an opportunity to do a mix of MD missions from all 3 Mission Days there - which was convenient because the locations were repeated.

8k+ missions now.

• mosaics, if some actual good art or image is used. I don't mind singles as well, but then i need to do 6 singles otherwise you know...