Ingress 2.87.1 Release Notes

edited March 2022 in Release Notes

Ingress 2.87.1 Release Notes

What's New

• Added a link to delete your Ingress account at the bottom of the Settings menu to comply with

updated app guidelines.

• Added support for Portal Scan Meshing on iPhone 13.

Post edited by NianticThia on
Tagged:

Comments

• What about meshing on Android device? Most don't support if I'm not mistaken. Will they ever?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.

Any news about supporting Exynos devices which have the Mali GPU for meshing?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

for now android its working on snapdragon gpu only..

• No worries. It doesn’t always work on iOS 15 either, no matter what device. XD

• Being able to easily delete one's account is a great feature since you still haven't fixed the right-to-left language issue.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

And what about fixing the game so we can actually access the settings overlay to do things in the first place like when the black screen errors on the map ???? For a company who wants to increase the Ingress Database a "Delete Account" button isnt a Priority Feature in my eyes.

Not that i'd want to delete my hard earned progress even if i could.

• I got problems with selecting agents in the newest version on my android phone (pixel 4a):

• @InvestigateXM - Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I asked the team and it sounds like it wasn't announced because it wasn't thought to be released (we thought it was tied to together with another feature but sounds like it was decoupled). Enjoy!

The rest of this feature should come in either January or February so Stay Tuned(tm)!

• "to comply with updated app guidelines" means they probably can't get the app release approved (or any future releases either) without this link, so it has to be a priority feature.

Yes, they should fix the other things, but sometimes things like app store guidelines and data privacy laws force companies to prioritize these things over the things the users want more. Not much that can be done about it.

• What is with Fixing the Server lag.. ?

Lost several Portals , no chance to Recharge... it sucks ..

Nice to see theres a upload bar ..for contributions .... not real gameplay neccessary ....

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Not listed in release notes:

1) New option "Niantic Lightship AR" - 29 mb size,uploads idk where(maybe data/data folder). Haven't tested yet.

2) New button about help with login on login page.

Bugs (for today):

Kinetic notification - it works only sometimes and i still haven't found how,tried both on my Moto One Power and Pixel 2.

Server latency still exists but today it worked better then yesterday.

Still messy translation(i'd prefer English) - it shows MU in comm while Russian don't.

Also 2.87.1 stuck few times after long time client in background(restart helps).

One time move drone button remained grey while timer was 0:00 - just graphical issue,button worked. One time camera zoomed to drone while it moved.

Anyway thanks for this update!

upd: My phone isn't compatible with LightshipAR(grid) so why i see this option? For example my gf Redmi9 is not compatible with scan so she havent any scan option in settings.

Post edited by DSktr on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened? Those kinetic capsule notifications are not working. :/

• I have problems with them also from time to time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Same with attack notifications. Maybe it’s a latency problem ?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is far and away the best New feature of this update, seeing how many are waiting for uploading, and how much internal mobile space it takes up

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Could You please explain me why 2.87.1 build installed from apk (i really dont like aab because they take more storage space and i like og imanual nstallation,not store) - asks for 2.87.1 (aab) update? :)