January - March 2022 Events Schedule: The Kureze Effect

Comments

• Fantastic. I currently have 18 Mission Days, so next month will make 19, one short of the black badger.

Cheers Niantic. Great job.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

All the more reason to apply for and organize a proper mission day near you after @NianticThia reopens applications - soon TM

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Yip, abandon the monthly missions altogether, bring back proper mission days...

I jest, both formats have their place and should be awarded as such...

• Really excited about the announcement :)

Let's see what the Kureze effect and the other mysterious things announced will be :))

I don't understand the dislike some players express regarding the revert of the changes - it is clearly stated the they are going to evaluate the real life situation, so I doubt it they will do something to our dislike if the circumstances don't allow for it.

Also, when they revert the cooldown time to what it used to be, we will be able to make full use of the very rare hack mods we've been walking with our kinetic capsules ;))

And, again, I don't think they will do something in this direction if the real world situation doesn't allow it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so why do we have heatsinks then? then the whole game mechanics needs to be re-made from scratch.. there is a reason we had 5min cooldown before but today it seems all tactics is gone, game is too easy today infinite supply of lvl7 gear if 2 ppl play together....

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Exaggeration much? Want a good use for your heatsinks?

Recurse!

R E C U R S E!

R e C u R s E!

• I also can't imagine ever going back to the standard 5-minute cool down between hacks.

Reduce the value of recharging portals it's not good idea. I recharging a lot of portals, each resonator singly and i can get 200k AP.

As for withdrawing from two 7 level resonators to one, it's a good idea, but in places where a lot of agents play in a given area . But not in places where there are few agents in a given area. I think.

Pity that we will not to get the gold medal of Mission Day. I think, that an additional medal for a Mission Day is good idea.

Making an event calendar, great job.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Personally, I feel that it is inevitable to go back to the original specifications, but I have always felt that the original specifications were too harsh for new Ingress players.

However, I also understand that the management is concerned about the imbalance caused by two people being able to create a P7 portal.

Therefore, I would like to propose the following compromise.

I know this is a busy time before the Christmas holidays, but I hope you will consider it.

(1) Change the limit of resonators that can be inserted by one person

Originally, the level 5 portal by 87665544 was the most powerful portal one person could create.

Now, in a corona disaster situation, you can create a level 6 portal with 87766554.

In this case, if there were two players, they could create a level 7 portal with 88777766, so I can understand why the management is concerned about imbalance.

So how about changing it like this?

Change the limit of letting two level 6 and two level 5 Resonators to three.

In this case, one person can create a level 6 portal with 87666555, but two people can't create a level 7 portal with 88776666.

We believe that this change will make it easier to play in underpopulated areas where there is only one player, while minimizing imbalance.

(2) Cooldown Time Changes

I don't see a big problem with changing this back to 5 minutes.

However, it has certainly contributed to what some players call an increase in play speed.

It might be a good idea to reduce the cooldown time to a level that doesn't upset the balance, while not reducing the value of mods.

Personally, I feel that reducing the time from the original 300 seconds (5 minutes) to about 180 seconds (3 minutes) would not upset the balance too much.

This is just a personal suggestion, but I hope you'll consider it.

We Ingress Agents are not like Pokémon trainers, and we don't pester Niantic with the selfish demands of a child.

We are only interested in building this wonderful world with you.

Let's discuss together to create a wonderful world.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

>and we don't pester Niantic with the selfish demands of a child.

You seem to be new around here lol

• 0bliterate0bliterate ✭✭
    edited December 2021

I agree about certain changes about going back to pre-Covid-19 Pandemic 😷.. Things shouldn’t be treated as if it’s just “going away” it’s not, and if anything, it’s only going to get worse with the new “variant” (omicron) and other newer mutated strains that are sure to come! I also agree with certain people that just because the Country /State/City/Area that Niantic/You live in has no relevance as to the “Virus” & where other agents my live or play. (Just because it’s Sunny ☀️there Doesn’t mean it isn’t Raining 🌧 here!) ….. (J.I.M.O.) “Just In My Opinion” the cool down period should be left at 90sec-2min in the respect that an agent doesn’t have to stay at one portal for very long and making it Less Likely to engage with other agents in “RL” among other things pertaining to reverting back to a 5min cool-down period. As for the other changes such as 7’s, etc. it’s fine by all means.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If they do make the changes, it would be one way to attempt to get them back. Pogo has shown if you throw a temper tantrum loud enough, Niantic will roll over.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if they will figure out and fix the lag issue before they start rolling back the game changes?

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Correction, the pokemon company will roll over...

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I'm not a native English speaker, so I guess you got the wrong idea.

Now that I've reached level 16 and don't play as diligently outside of events, I don't have a problem with going back to 4 times every 5 minutes.

Only battles like the Anomaly and the Global Shard really excite me, and mission days don't require a portal level, just hack and you're done.

I know all about how to replenish my supplies, and I know that if I put them in capsules they will increase, so it's a no-brainer.

But when this story came up, I thought back to 7 years ago when I myself started playing Ingress.

When I started playing, I didn't have the same knowledge as I do now. There were no friends.

I remember that when I was playing in such a thick fog, I was astonished to find that the low-level burster were surprisingly ineffective.

And I remembered that the players around me also tried to somehow get up to level 8, but the portal levels they could build were low, and most of them disappeared before level 8 before the unfamiliar storyline.

So I thought it might be a good idea to rethink various things to the extent that they don't break the balance. I suggested.

In just over a month's time, the Harry Potter:Wizards Unite will end, but Niantic has given the wizards item codes for Ingress and Pokémon Go, inviting them to continue their adventures. The game system is exactly the same from the beginning to now.

Many of you are already playing, but new players are also coming in.

Also, some game systems have changed from the past to the present.

For example, you may know that the values of Aegis_Shield and other mods have been adjusted several times for game balance.

However, in this case, I think it will take a careful discussion between Niantic and players to find the right balance.

I hope this will give us a chance to talk about it.

Thanks for your input.

See you in the next Anomaly.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

英語(US) 

I think it helped speed up play for players who prefer to create multiple control fields and destroy enemy positions incessantly.

This also contributed to a certain amount of field activation.

However, on the other hand, it is also true that the value of heat sink mods (and previously multihacks as well) has decreased significantly now that they have been reduced to 90 seconds.

I feel that there is a need to balance this.

• the drop rate of heat sinks should be reduced if the 90 sec cooldown stays.

• Buenas noticias, ojalá los eventos sean para todo el mundo. En cuanto a los cambios están de lujo excepto el cambio de recarga en el AP volver al original es malísimo 10 AP… dejenlo así en 65 da más valor a la medalla. Saludos desde Bolivia :)