January - March 2022 Events Schedule: The Kureze Effect

Comments

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

So Second Sunday will be a permanent thing with its own tiered medal, I see.

Congrats to the ones who managed to onix their MD medal thanks to this.

• Doble resonador 7, adiós

AP de recarga, adiós

Pero el tiempo entre hack no debe ser TAN alto déjenlo como está....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay events 😁👍

• M42M42 ✭✭✭

5 Min cool down was fine, I might actually get to use my frackers and VRHS again, I've been saving my pink heat sinks up for when cool down goes back to normal. At least we can forge them now too. I think it's time to go back to normal cool down.

• When Pokemon Go tried to revert the portal hack radius from 80m to 40m, there was so much outcry that made Niantic change their mind: (Note: hack cooldowns remained at 5 mins in PoGo)

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/niantic-makes-pokemon-go-80m-interaction-radius-a-permanent-change-3030047

• Calendar is great!

However:

”Starting this quarter, each quarter, we will evaluate the following temporary changes added in early 2020 to determine their impacts on gameplay while considering real world circumstances:

• Number of Level 7 Resonators deployed per Portal by Level 7+ Agents return to its original 1 deploy count, down from 2 deploys per Portal
    • Portal cooldown between hacks to be adjusted up from 90 seconds
    • Portal recharge AP to return to its original value of 10 AP, down from 65 AP”

Way to early to do these, PLEASE consider waiting till at least third quarter!

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably pointless saying to niantic, as they seem to want to be oblivious to it, but the pandemic is still here a d isn't going away soon. So taking away the double r7s still doesn't make sense, even ignoring that, the player base is decreasing, so there's not really any benefit to stopping it.

Upping the wait time between hacks is even more pointless, it just slows gameplay down needlessly, just leave as is

The ap for rehcnaring admittedly could be dropped, maybe not to 10, but could be 30 ap

• In rural areas, like the one I’m living in for example, it’s already hard to get portals on Level 7 the way it is now. I can’t even imagine how it will be, if it changes back to the way it was before. It will be completely impossible, as we don’t even have three halfway active agents in our area to upgrade a portal. If there’s something that doesn’t needs to change, it’s the hack cooldown and the amount of Level 7 resonators placed per agent.

• As the only agent in your area, why do you need P6 and above? P5 gives you 160 km link range, and even more with link amps. I gained my first onyx illuminator medal with nothing but P5s.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

All looks good. Waiting for badge details for these events.

• Congratulation Niantic !

Perfect decision to bring the player numbers, which have just started to rise again, back down to a minimum. 

I am glad that you have finally decided to push the annoying casual players out of the game. 

Please don't buckle because of a bit of whining and the loss of revenue that comes with the loss of players.

Stay strong, stay with it, break the game back to the way it was after the introduction of Prime.

May the force be with you.

• Can charging AP be set to 25-50? Yes, 65 might be too high to keep, but 10 is way too low. It's like keeping portals (fields/farms) alive is discouraged.

• Because I drive 200km to my office in a city. So being able to farm P6 and P7 gear so I can take down 4 shielded portals has a lot of value.

Without P6/P7s to farm locally I have to choose my kids or Ingress, and obviously my kids win, but it sure has been nice to go for walks with the kids and hack good gear over COVID.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please tell me you didn't listen to the numbskulls who were begging for a Second Sunday medal.

• eccenuxeccenux ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Is this something anomaly-like? Or maybe something like Field Test in 2019-09?

23 January: Mark Your Calendar

Signs indicate something unusual will happen in certain cities

Researchers are working to uncover all affected locations. The process of distilling signal from XM noise is expected to complete one week before this date.

Be on the lookout (BOLO) for Battle Beacons

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I laughed when they showed the OPR Live, Intel Ops, and NL 1331 medals as tiers back in 2018. It's not possible because Niantic doesn't hold enough of the events to justify the tiers. I see GORUCK as the only one possible to have tiers.

I will die on this hill with the NL-1331 medal being a dumb idea. You guys still offer yearly versions of NL-1331 which was sufficient but to add tiering after 5 years of previous events? Not everything needs a tiered badge and it absolutely shows with First Saturday as well when the medal was introduced 4 years after the fact.

Maybe the [redacted] badge is actually named [redacted] with perhaps a "grab all" participation in random events that don't match previous ones? If it happens to just be Second Sunday, it's just going to be another half-**** effort.

• I think rolling back the pandemic measures is on point but should proceed slowly to mitigate any immediate adverse impact. Deploying two R7s by one agent makes the gameplay imbalanced, as it was too easy to build a P6 without effort. Increasing the cooldown also makes use of the HS items, although I think it shouldn't move from 90 seconds back to 300 seconds immediately.

Battle beacons events are a great compromise between full fledge live events and no events at all. However, there needs to be more incentive for the battle beacons events than just merely deploying them in a specific area over a set time. Announce them as old school anomalies where the main goal is just portal capture, declare a winner at the end of the session, and have consequences like past anomalies.

Other than that, thanks for keeping Ingress alive and with events. I'm still looking forward to the day when I can meet with agents around the world again at an anomaly, but until then.

• I agree with you all.

If we care about the local residents, we shouldn't bring back the cooldown time.

Even just suspicious agents do not like to stay in the same place for a long time.