January - March 2022 Events Schedule: The Kureze Effect

edited January 2022 in Events

We’re excited to announce the schedule of events taking place during the months of January, February, and March! We are told that a phenomenon named as the Kureze Effect will be the main research topic this quarter. Below are the highlights of upcoming events. Full details and specifics for each event will be released as the event date approaches.

January Events

1 January: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

9 January: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Event will occur in LOCAL time, from 00:00 to 23:59
  • Completing any 6 unique Ingress Missions will increase your Mission Day medal by 1 count

23 January: Mark Your Calendar (#KurezeEffect | FAQs)

• Signs indicate something unusual will happen in certain cities
  • Researchers are working to uncover all affected locations. The process of distilling signal from XM noise is expected to complete one week before this date.
  • Be on the lookout (BOLO) for Battle Beacons

February Events

5 February: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

13 February: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Completing any 6 unique Ingress Missions will increase your [ REDACTED ] medal by 1 count

13-15 February: “Link to Your Heart” (#IngressValentines)

• Links shorter than 10km in length can be created under Fields
  • Portal hacks yield more SoftBank Ultra Link output
  • SoftBank Ultra Link Programs take less Kinetic energy distance to complete
  • Pay special attention to your Glyph hacks

19-20 February: Mark Your Calendar (#KurezeEffect | FAQs)

• Researchers are working to uncover all affected locations. The process of distilling signal from XM noise is expected to complete one week before this date.
  • BOLO for Battle Beacons

24-28 February: Let’s Get Toasty Week

• Toast Glyph added for National Toast Day 2022
  • Double Glyph bonus AP
  • Double Glyph Hack bonus item output
  • 10-minute Drone cooldown

March Events

5 March: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

13 March: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Completing any 6 unique Ingress Missions will increase your [redacted] medal by 1 count

19-20 March: Mark Your Calendar (#KurezeEffect | FAQs)

• BOLO for Battle Beacons

24 March - 4 April: Mark Your Calendar

• A self-proclaimed member of the Nemesis has reached out to our XM Researchers
  • Researchers are stumped by this contact, but advised that a tiered medal should be offered to Agents who assist related investigations

Starting this quarter, each quarter, we will evaluate the following temporary changes added in early 2020 to determine their impacts on gameplay while considering real world circumstances:

• Number of Level 7 Resonators deployed per Portal by Level 7+ Agents return to its original 1 deploy count, down from 2 deploys per Portal
  • Portal cooldown between hacks to be adjusted up from 90 seconds
  • Portal recharge AP to return to its original value of 10 AP, down from 65 AP

Agents will be given two to four weeks' notice if and when any updates are made to the temporary changes.

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

— The Ingress Team

Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• For February and March: "Completing any 6 unique Ingress Missions will increase your [ REDACTED ] medal by 1 count" - I assume copy/paste error, and it's still the Mission Day medal being increased?

• a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭

Great news! Really glad to hear that!

Also wish to move 2S points from MD to 2S medal :)

• a1mirra1mirr ✭✭✭✭

Return from 90s to 5 mins will be really hard.

What about a new cd system, something like:

first 4 hacks - 120 sec cd

next 4 - 180

next 4 - 240

others - 300 sec?

• Even if the 90 seconds is decided to be changed I think it might be worth re-evaluating the hack cooldown time and not going right back to 5 minutes. Doing 2-3 minutes is worst than the 90 second we already have but would be much more tolerable then the 5 minutes we had before.

Also interested in the tiering of the new badge for Second Sunday since it's something you can only get 1 tick a month for. Then again I was skeptical for the 3 years of the ifs and we just were able to hit that last month.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

5 minutes is still up from 90 seconds

• I am not looking forward to the return of

1 - R7 per agent, being the only consistent agent in my 25km circle going back to only P5s will be rough. Was very nice when I could talk my wife into reinstalling the game to for a day or 2 to have some P7 portals to hack without a 1h drive.

2 - Poral cool down adjusted up from 90 sec to 300 sec, While I can live with that, I'd love to see something like 120sec for hack 2, 180 hack 3, 240 hack 4, and all hacks after being 300 secs, putting a heatsink brings your hack back to first hack, gives common heatsinks more value.

3 - Charger AP value - While this will have zero impact on me since I don't really recharge, I think the recharging AP gives people under BIG fields more value in the game play, and we really need more value for the new players stuck under big fields, you're not getting a new player to do a 2+h round trip to clear their sky. I'd hate to see this change go back for that aspect, but again no skin off my back.

I am REALLY liking

• 13-15 February: “Link to Your Heart” (#IngressValentines) - Links shorter than 10km in length can be created under Fields

This will have a new player positive impact but shouldn't negatively impact the overall game, I'd love to see way more events set up with under field linking short distances. helps the newbie players get leveled up to fight those of us with years of experience.