Do you think the company will hear us at least once next year?

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in General

Many of us have written here about the problems of the game, but the developers remained deaf to our requests. Even the community manager was unable or unwilling to help.

How many times have we asked for important things? Make the map more contrasting, remove lags, add a keylocker for media files, or fix translation errors.

I even offered my help as a native Russian speaker and an experienced copywriter, to correct all mistakes and help with the correct translation.

But what have we heard in response throughout this year? Nothing!

The game cannot be played due to lags, nooo - we will make you rare beacons. We don't give a damn about your requests. We ask you to introduce items into the game as part of the plot, and we ask you to continue the plot. What is the answer ??? Receive and sign, the new technology is from nowhere and how it got to us.

For more than a year, there is no plot and development, the enlightenment faction does not know what to fight for. Shapers are no longer in the plot, but they are in the scanner, and according to Blue Head, they represent danger. How many times have you been asked to remove these inconsistencies? Brian, community manager, and you are a respected moderator who reads these lines. Why do you remain silent and ignore the requirements of your customers, and in return do what you were not asked to do at all?

You added a social dimension to the game instead of fixing existing bugs. As one familiar player said, instead of a cat, a cockroach should have been drawn on the annual badge. Because this whole year has been a lot of bugs and almost nothing new. Bugs from comms, bugs with charging portals, bugs with displaying objects ... And many bugs have not been fixed until now.

Because of the crooked Russian, and not only Russian translation, the game is sometimes just unpleasant to play. You were asked to make a menu for choosing the language of the game. This is a matter of half an hour of your programmer's work. But this is not the case. And this further reduces the loyalty of many players to your company.

Therefore, I will ask, will anyone hear us next year? Will we finally have a bug-free scanner with a clear, eye-pleasing contrast map, аnd the plot is like in the good old days.?

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

>Maybe we could help. Like, Niantic might ask in this forum: every time you get it, write down the time and what you were doing.

You mean like this?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

where did the producent go, seems M.I.A ?

• "Niantic this, Niantic that, we don't get what we want yada, yada, yada."

Just quit playing, grandpa. Do some gardening or whatever, find a new hobby. I am tired of your spiteful threads.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

We’re sharing our thoughts here. If you wanna slam someone else, go start your own thread elsewhere. If you don’t see the problems we’re seeing, good for you, you’re free to play the game however you’d like…

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

what if they will make one grand anomaly and the game dies after? even a few years ago there was a drastic decrease in anomaly sites and standalaone missiondays, and unless they decide to reboot the whole lore/story and give us new lvls or new items perhaps? ingame mission objectives from ada/jarvis.... sadly it seems the game doesnt grow much really its hard getting new players hooked many feel the game is too confusing and not easy enough as pogo idk really what niantic has in plans for next year and forward...... i mean last time we got new lvls was in 2014... thats a longtime since something new was added to the coreplay..

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Topic creator's question depends if they will create a positive topic in the next year.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If that was the case then Ingress would have died 2 years ago.

I do not agree that after year 10, Ingress will be gone. As it is still beta testing platform for new features which they can add to their other games and apps.

Ingress does need new story and lore. It has needed this for the last 2 years. Whether or not you personally followed it.

It was what gave Ingress a lot of life, regular story via YouTube, social media and live events

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I would argue Ingress did die 2 years ago but hey :)

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Last two new recruits I actually got to check out Ingress both got hit with the latency issue. I'm sure one deleted the app already and went back to pogo. The other? Not sure yet. Hoping to run into that coworker next week and see if I can get her to try it some more.

I'm personally beyond frustrated with the lag issue. The lack of communication from Brian about it has made it seem like it's not something that's an important issue on their side of things.

I recently changed my review in the playstore to 2 stars. It will remain 2 stars until the lag issue is resolved. When it happens it will go up to 4 stars unless they manage to break the game worse when fixing the lag issue.

I used to think about where I was going to play Ingress at on the weekends or on time off work. Now it's barely a thought and wonder if it's worth it or if I'm just going to get frustrated by the lag.

I did tag @ace in comms about the lag during the Y9 double AP event. He actually responded which surprised me! He didn't seem to know about the issue. I'm sure he's aware of it now. I wonder if he can see any difference in activity of agents or the amount of agents who recently dumped their CORE subscriptions due to the issue. I still have mine but likely not for much longer. Only reason I have it is because I get 500 extra slots for keys which I don't use because I get frustrated with the lag when I'm trying to play.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Just. The main reason being the social aspect and orga side of things.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever. If they don't listen then we don't play. Fair trade.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they listen to people saying that changing the hack timer back is a bad idea, in fact t, I personally hope they listen to people saying to leave the gane as is just now (as in, not reverting the pandemic bonuses back) and instead improve upon them. But then, niantic hates listening to the people who play their games unless it's a massive twitter movement with youtubers backing it