Sojourner reset

Lost my progress at 54 days (the 12th), sojourner reset itself.

I didn't skip any of my daily hacks during that period either.. and definitely did not go longer than 24hrs between hack. My Epoch is still ticking up at the correct rate.

Trying to get through to support via the app is useless as well.

0 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• KingKlausBRKingKlausBR ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Bom dia! Devido um Bug, a contagem de Hacks da minha Sojourner parou em 309 dias consecutivos. Não quero iniciar o processo devido um Bug. Pois todos os dias joguei de forma empenhada e com dedicação. Agradeço antecipadamente! meu nick name: KingKlausBR L14.

• My sojourner and epoch restarted 12/12/2021 and I saw the first hack box pop up on 12/11/2021. I am not happy with having to start over when I know I should be at 97. At the same time I hacked C.O.R.E. popped up as well.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

epoch and sojourner acts different, for epoch u need hack only once within 24hour of each day, for sojourner its best hack atleast morning and evening so the gap from oldest hack is not over 24hours u risk reseting the counter for sojourner.

• I hacked yesterday and today and sojourner still says 0. My now said sojourner was 96 and 6 days into epoch. All time says 94 days sojourner. There's definitely something wrong with the numbers.

• Can also confirm that i've been hit.

Lost my progress at 54 days (the 12th), sojourner reset itself.

I didn't skip any ofy daily hacks during that period either..

Trying to get through to support via the app is useless as well.

• @shadowbeavery this looks like an account issue and would be better either as a ticket to Niantic Support or logging as a bug in the general forum section

The section you have posted this in relates to the Niantic Social Open Beta

• edited December 2021

Sorry to hear about that, @shadowbeavery! Please reach out to us via in-app support, and make sure to select an option other than 'Report a Bug', you'll be able to start a conversation with one of our reps.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless if this was an error on your part or Niantics part, it will not be resolved. I've heard one story of it being fixed, but otherwise, it's been a hard no from support, again, even when the error is on them...

Best option moving forward is to hack in the morning and in the evening. Will buy you some time if there are any game downtime issues.

• I'm curious, you only do one hack in the day?

To secure both sojourner and epoch, be sure to hack more than one, always better multiple times every day.

• Took the mods advice and finally got through to someone in the in-game help section.. as Zero stated above, no help given just a clear 'have a better connection' and 'do multiple hacks daily to make sure they go through'.

🤷‍♀️ I've been focused on leveling, and to do that, one needs badges, so I was very focused on keeping my sojourner 'alive' tbh I think there was only 1 of the 54 days(that's where mine reset) where I went longer than 12 hours between any form of a hack -not including the drone-

It's just funny that even though my housemate and I play together and definitely seen each other hacking, my sojourner has stopped but his is still ticking up 🤷‍♀️😢

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

but do u hack morning and evening atleast everyday?

• I do. Around 5am, then between 10-12 then again around 2-4pm then when we go to the shops to get stuff for dinner. This has been routine for at least the past month.

Sometimes (when I didn't have work) I did get up to around 12 hours between hacks (wake up drift hack and then walks to shop hacks) but always a minimum of two 'sessions' a day

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hence why I reached out on Bug Report. But NIA won't do anything to fix the error, saying it's my 'connection' issues, wiping their hands of this bug 🤷‍♀️

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah weird, if the gap is longer then 24hours or so then u are in trouble so this is strange indeed.