Can’t get back to inventory after recharging keys

After recharging keys, when I go to open my inventory and replace them, my inventory does not appear; I simply get returned to the key list. The only way to get back to the lockers to replace the keys is to close down the game completely and then re-open it. This is getting old…

Tagged:
2 votes

Intended - Not a Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• Your phone is getting old.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this what you're seeing?

With the newest update, opening the inventory sends you back to the keys if you had them open when closing out of the menu. You should be able to just get back to the inventory by tapping "Items" in the bottom left.

If that's not the case, could you share a screen recording so Niantic can figure out what is wrong?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is their latest 'fix'. When you open inventory, it will now remember which of the two bottom tabs was opened, like InvestigateXM mentioned.

I already stated in that topic I dislike that 'fix'. My muscle memory is still used to closing and opening inventory after I'm done with keys.

So now I go, Open inventory, close inventory, open inventory, close inventory, open inventory, * realises that the wrong tab is selected *, select items tab.

Infuriating.

• As other Agents have mentioned, Inventory now remembers which tab you were last viewing, the Items tab or Keys tab, and re-opens your last viewed Inventory tab. You shouldn't need to close the Ingress app to change from Keys tab to Items tab. If you do, please let us know what Ingress version, device, and OS version you're on.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope this becomes a toggle in settings. Really hate this change.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I got this bug too after updating to 2.85.2 i wish u got disable this option in settings

Phone: Samsung S10+ running Android 11 One UI 3.1

• edited December 2021

It works now. I don't like the toggle.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd really love to know the thought process behind the decision to do this. It's not popular at all.

See also: when I miss the button I was aiming for on the portal screen, I get sent back to the map - or, if I miss the '+' to add a cube while recharging from keys, I get sent back to the key. This sort of stuff is user hostile, but it was done on purpose by a dev who probably thought they were helping.