Is it normal to have multiple Accounts?

We have a known Player in our cell and everybody know he have 3 Accounts.

Today wrote to him this:

(Today on the way with 2 accs?)

And got this answer:

(In real with 3)

Our whole community wrote multiple times a ticket, but nothing happened.

So my question: Are multiple that normal that you even must not make a Sekret out of it?

Tagged:

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

No. it's not normal, and it's explicitly against the Terms of Service.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Boooo 3 accounts ☹️👎 ban him pls

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

If you play Pokémon GO, yes, no action is ever taken there.

If you play Ingress, no.

However both are against the terms of service.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty normal in my area, it's just how the game is played now. Not saying it's right. It's just the way it is. And Niantic can't stop it.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

When a legitimate player reported to Niantic Support about her gears stolen by a rival agent and his collaborators; the rival agent created a new green account and wrote something intimidating over the COMMS to scare her. It was done in an indirect manner. Agents from both factions did not report about that mule account and Niantic didn't do anything about it either.

Unfortunately, it is "normal" for a not-so-legit team to have mule accounts or bots. Makes one wonder how some BAFs can be done in a short time. Those agents can easily earn the onyx illuminator badges, but they didn't really work hard for it, so it's just for show.

Post edited by Otrera35 on
  • pictop23pictop23 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

The Main Problem is this

Unfaire gameplay because of:

Each portal have 4 Mods

More key output

More items

And while anniversary he had some Portals with 6/8 lvl 8 resos

• What if somebody owns a literal mule and creates an account for it?

• This is also against the rules, because of Account sharing. Or can the mule use a Smartphone itself?

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

not allowed but niantic don't care at all

Same thing has been happening here for years. Nothing you can do about it. Niantic can't stop it. I've caught so many doing this exact same thing. Reporting does nothing. Just have to accept it. And yes it's ran many legit players out of the game. People got tired of playing against it.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

3? We have someone with 60+. Niantic support cannot catch up from all our reports.

• BilleasBilleas ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Harry Potter treatment soon, yeah? 9 year is already long enough, even longer than most MMO mobile games I've ever played. What's the point of keeping the game up if the devs don't even have a concrete measure against cheaters?

• The problem of multiaccounts is, that it's Hard to be proved, everyone have a wife, husband or child.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

yes its hard, but somehow a verification method maybe to verify accounts? maybe wouldnt help much but as is today its a mess with all dupe accounts and most reports sadly no action taken so is this what niantic wants?....

• It's so hard they taking some action against those accounts, but it's not impossible.

In my cell, a lot of accounts from a single player was banned, but unfortunately their one still exist. He was banned before Ingress Prime Era more than 5 times...

Now another player (fromPoGo and now in Ingress, in my neighborhood, is doing the same, but two accounts got banned).

I think you need keep on reporting it. The channel "no spoofing" on Telegram may be help you, but doesn't guarantee it.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

An agent told the newbies that it was no use reporting the multi-account RES agents because they only get warnings. I can see that from my cell wherein a RES player has 3 different accounts getting the top 3 spots in the scoreboard, but nobody has brought the issue up and we have not heard anything from Niantic too. Seems those accounts are untouchable because of favors?

• pictop23pictop23 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Would be really nice to hear something from nia, but I also know the few like @NianticThia can not solf all our problems alone.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Otrera35 To be fair, I think Niantic has a hard time differentiating between one player with multiple accounts and multiple people who are closely connected to one another. How do you conclusively prove that one person is playing on three accounts vs a parent and two kids playing together?

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal? In some areas, yes, unfortunately. Legal? No. Will Niantic do anything about it? Also no.

The trick is have a phone for each account and you will never get banned. I've been playing against that type of player for years. I've caught many in person clear as day. Can't be banned. Still doing it to this day. So after this many years I don't think anything will ever happen. Even the team accepts them. After a while there's no point anymore.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@Hosette, two newbies saw one of those RES account which was supposedly "owned" by a kid, but it was an older male individual who was using the phone when he blocked some links created by a newbie in an attempt to field in a certain area which is why those newbies now go to a better area. In fact, that area holds the top score when it comes to the fields made by those newbies :)

@VenomousToad, what if a phone being used by an agent to play Ingress Prime was cloned by a rival faction or a creepy agent? Wouldn't that compromise the safety and privacy of the agent in real life? Isn't that considered a cybercrime and reportable to federal authorities? In this situation, using a personal mobile phone to play Ingress is not deemed safe at all.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Otrera35 I've also seen local players playing on multiple accounts, and I've been known to bust my **** to be able to prove it.

Put yourself in Niantic's shoes. Imagine I reported to them that I saw you playing on two different accounts. Maybe you were actually walking down the street with your kid, both playing, but I reported you for using both accounts. Niantic would have a very hard time figuring out whether one person or two were playing, yes? Would you want them to take my word for it? I wouldn't. When Niantic gets a (credible) cheating report I believe what they do is use that as a trigger to examine their own internal data, and then they use those internal data to make a decision. The standard of evidence for banning accounts should be high, certainly higher than the accounts play together frequently and someone claims they saw one person using both accounts. I understand completely how frustrating it is to witness blatant cheating and not be able to do anything about it-- I've been there on many occasions.

• If a rule is not enforced it can be ignored. That's why you see so many players using multiple accounts. They know nothing will happen.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Just for the record, it was an older male individual inside a car by himself who destroyed at least 2 portals when the newbie was attempting to field in a nearby area. I understand Niantic's difficulty in determining cheaters whether it's multiple accounts or multiple users (bots), but try to show impartiality/neutrality with this issue. The fact that Niantic promoted the Year 9 Ingress media says a lot, and the experiences stated above support that observation of bias when dealing with reports about a certain faction.

Well, the event turned out a blessing because they are now free to field and complete missions in other areas with very helpful agents. Of course, those helpful agents also get the credit since it's normal play. I believe the score is > 10 completed fields versus 2. While missions were done in that welcoming area as well.

Post edited by Otrera35 on
  • NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

If its not punished its basically allowed. Unless you bug a Vanguard you can't even get backpacks banned.

Prove me wrong Niantic:

Reference # 15382671

It's up to individual localities to determine if they want to work with those types of players or not. Multi accounters, spoofers, agents that have been banned multiple times, etc. I've seen it both ways. Some are ok with it while others like to maintain a level of integrity within their team and never allow those types into their groups. Niantic doesn't care about it enough to even address it. As far as it goes it's allowed when there are zero repercussions. I remember a certain guild group that ran an entire cheating ring. Not an issue with Niantic. Indexing player data was and still is allowed. It's just the game. Multi accounters have the upper hand.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Was that Drunkenfrog? Or enl.w t f? Or enl.io? Or the dozens of other undisclosed chats/groups?

why don’t you move on?

This discussion has been closed.