Portal Submitters - What's the furthest place from your normal area you've put a portal?

Comments

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in California. Ive had two portals approved in India and more are pending.

• I got one approved on an Air Force base 7 hours from home.

• 1100 kilometers. I live in Middle Tennessee. Got one approved next to the Mall of America when I went to St Paul for the anomaly.

It bugs me because I've gotten portals approved that I don't know if I'll ever cap them.

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭

A mountain summit on an island off the NW coast of Ireland, about 2200 km away from home. I've looked at it every now and then (maybe on avaerage once in a week or two) and I haven't ever seen it being captured. Maybe I should go back there myself :)

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

It is ironic. When I lived in southern Utah about 2 hours from the Grand Canyon, I had some in west central Montana go through. Now I live in Montana so the ones around the Grand Canyon would qualify. 🤣

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in Australia and have one in Wales.

• I've got some submissions in Boston (my AO is Chicagoland). Not sure if any have been accepted yet.

I also submitted a ramshackle gazebo in the middle of a forest in Minnesota that looked like it had been built by hand (presumably by some survivalist who wanted a gazebo?) but it was denied, probably because it wasn't visible on google maps.

• I'm on the east coast of the United States and during the first window of portal submissions in 2014 had portals approved in England. In fall 2018, I had a portal approved in Poland.

• I play in Vancouver and I just had The Christchurch Town Hall approved, some 12000km away. I screwed up and lost the key though. @JorgeLoco :grin:

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

8600km - Playing in SE UK and had one accepted in Las Vegas.

Also it's the one that got away - it was removed a few months ago for no reason that I can fathom (key removed from inventory) and I hadn't made it back to capture it.

• I play mostly on the west coast of the US but I tried submitting a few portals when I was in Japan recently. That's about 5120 miles / 8240 km away.

• Living in Scotland, you're a bit limited on how far you can go. I submitted a portal in Bristol, about 650 km from where I live but it was rejected for proximity to another portal. The furthest away one that was actually approved would be in Paisley, a mere 50 km away.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

I live near Oxford in England, I have a few portals now in the south of France, around 1000km away

• i spend some time in Switzerland and in the mountains there are often no portals for miles (no signal too) but some how i found a mountain bar and submitted it, forgot all about it, came back to Asia and it was accepted as my first and furthest portal to date (10,224 km away)

• My first seer point portal is in Toronto, Canada and I am based out of Eastern CT, USA.

Since then I have managed to get approvals in Philly, PA Delaware, a couple in NJ and upstate NY, and one way up in Hebron, ME.

Capturing those for me is a whole ’nother ballgame...

• I’ve created nearly 700 portals now. The farthest from my regular play area are in my hometown that I visited last month, 12,000km from my current home. I’m glad to be able to make the play area there better, and I hope I can visit again soon.

• I live in Indiana. I got portals approved in Colorado.

• sanshinesanshine ✭✭✭

I live in Romania and have a few portals approved in Burbank and Santa Monica, California, 10,000+ km away.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

My furthest submit is in Singapore, that's 10.300KM from where I live.

• SouLPrison3rSouLPrison3r ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Going to nominate portals in a state with less than a dozen existing portals. (342,239 km²)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in the Netherlands, but have an approved portal in Turkey. 2337km from my house. :D

• the abandon theater sounds very cool

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭

I've got a couple of approved portal submits in Mexico City. I live in the Netherlands.

• X6996X6996 ✭✭

My furthest submission is about 7325km away from my homebase, a chapel in a holiday resort in the dominican republic.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

10.000 km away, i went to taiwan anomaly so i took advantage.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Sweden and got one portal approved in Hawaii, so more then 8000km there os so.. kinda cool to have key for it atleast and it still grey today :D

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Plus or minus 13,000 KM, I have created portals in Hawaii, the West coast to the east coast of the USA, New Zealand, Chile, and my favorite, Antarctica.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Not sure if I have older ones, but this more recent one is quite far, it is in Selçuk, Turkey, about 2200 km from my home in Germany. The portal's name is "Steam Locomotive". I was traveling between Izmir and Selçuk by train the day before Mission Day Izmir.