Ingress support sucks

Definitely the worst thing about this game is the support. they're supposed to keep the game clean, but I don't think they can keep anything clean.

Today there are many spoofer accounts that have impunity simply because Niantic's anti-cheat system is horrible. Worst of all, it doesn't matter if an agent gets proof of an account's guilt, because nobody at Niantic looks at that proof.

Niantic is Niantic's worst enemy.

If they're not going to do anything to fix it, cancel the game. If there is an intention to do something, let them start by paying attention to the evidence instead of hiding behind their "We're writing to confirm that we have carefully reviewed your report and have taken action where appropriate" (The biggest lie ever written in ingress).

I have seen accounts traveling at 40km / h on terrain that can only be walked on. I've seen accounts descend 600 meters in two minutes. I have seen accounts place resonators in the center of a portal with no one around (Niantic has received the video). These accounts are still active despite sending data, photos and videos to Niantic.

I find it disrespectful to give such bad support to the agents.

Tagged:

Comments

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

You're not wrong. Unfortunately, you either learn to cope with it or you move on, the decision is up to you because we all know nothing is likely to change anytime soon. Eventually you will catch the spoofers slip up and that's when you nail them. Hopefully you've made good relationships with vanguards and understand they want to help, but often, their hands are tied just the same as NIA OPS (to some degree).

good luck

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • edited November 2021

FWIW (for what it's worth) - I dislike that support directs people back and forth and it is one of the things I'm hoping to see if we can make some improvements on.

As for the rest, I cannot really give much there except that I too, dislike spoofers and I do my best to raise concerns about it and how spoofing impacts game play for Ingress.

Please continue to report spoofing.

Post edited by NianticThia on
  • MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are given instructions by Remy, ignore them.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Just another fresh case! I invite you all to share your experience in this post.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Should we also continue to report multi-accounting? Given how lax it seems on the other game, I wasn’t sure if the Niantic stance had changed.

• ApatheticAgentApatheticAgent ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

I used to use the Trusted Reporter program to get action taken against spoofers.

After Niantic de-outsourced this way of combatting spoofers via their "fast track" program - I have reported several level 6 and 7 accounts with 0 kilometers walked, and Niantic responding my reports with "hmm idk were not rly sure its cheter, were not ban it"

• What are you guys even talking about? Ingress support is the best costumer support service anywhere in the world! Have you guys met Remi? He is the best person ever, always very polite, very funny, very punctual with his messages, he is a good lad!

• @Mendeleiev17 and you cannot access that portal from any other site? Looking at the link you posted it at least appears on intel satellite image that you could come in from the south via C. Basaburua and just hop a fence or two and walk on top of the cave where the trees are?

• They put up a door with iron bars. No, there is no other way that allows access to the center of the portal.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Getting bans depends on who you know. The usual support system is a complete waste of time and not worth using.

• Reported an impossible travel from https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=42.716981,-1.433891&z=13&pll=42.716981,-1.433891 (mountain) to https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=42.739121,-1.439838&z=17&pll=42.739121,-1.439838 in 18 minutes... NiaOps sucks

• littlewilittlewi ✭✭
    edited December 2021

Like the thread I started https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/17646/hk-you-may-be-kidding-allowing-an-agent-to-have-multiple-accs-and-spoofing-between-hk-and-taiwan#latest it seems that continuous reporting does not help that much, though plenty of evidences suggested that someone is spoofing with 10 accounts flying between two places of different countries of 800km daily, no actions were taken by NIAOPS for those accounts.

And, "oh, sorry, please keep reporting. I will close the thread".

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Ingress Support is Top Tier!

The prior message is a Niantic Support person saying to leave the ticket open, then this one. Note, the entire ticket is in English, except for this one...

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction, niantic support sucks across all games

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus: Another year passed and we still don't see the promised "advanced reporting" feature for C.O.R.E subscribers.