Where have the Volatile portals gone?

CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Volatile ornaments For Scout / Scanning have been removed from Ingress, both in Intel and in Scanner. Is this a bug, or are you changing something? Pokemon Go Still has the "AR Mapping" for former Ingress Volatiles.

Tagged:

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

They disappeared after the bug out yesterday. I remember specifically scanning one volatile and then not seeing any the rest of the day I was scanning portals. I hope they reappear soon, because I have a ton to upload on Apex for this event and my phone can only hold so many.

• @NianticThia following on from grendewulf's post, can you please let us know what's going on, even if it's to say it's being investigated? Thank you.

• Our local ingress community has been wondering as well. No response?

I posted it in Bug reports too, but I doubt we will get an answer over the weekend.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

something breaks and after 4 days still no word ? cmon

• Oh yeah, that’s part of fun, like actually been there.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

• Well, if your idea of fun is moving back and forth in front of some random objects and make fun of yourself while doing it, that's something I can't argue with.

It's been almost a week and no one has noticed on their own?

It sounds like they’re aware, just didn’t get the confirmation until now. I think I’m more frustrated that it’s been this long without a fix. In the middle of the biggest event and the game has never run so poorly and things like this are being…….investigated.

Everything is being investigated. Latency issues. Being investigated. Poi not coming to the game correctly or at all, being investigated. The only incentive to get out and scan, gone/removed, being investigated….

• Of course there is nothing to argue about. Moving back and forth of random object, long term holding large field, capture endless portal, deploy countless resonator…

you don’t need to agree the fun others have, just like others will not judge yours. Enjoy the way you play, just that simply.

• Any updates? 🧐

• pictop23pictop23 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Think they will appear after the event.

I hope for some compensation!!!

Post edited by pictop23 on
  • It would be nice but I won't hold my breath on either.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect is they are getting rid of Volatiles, but I don't know why. Perhaps so they can introduce double Scan point type events. Or introduce a rotating volatile type. In any case, Niantic knows why they are disabled, but I guess they aren't ready to communicate why. Not sure why they would turn them off first though.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

or lets see if they magically reappear after double ap event tonight ends.

Can you guys turn a knob or something please? My phone can only hold so many scans. I've already given the idea of getting 4x AP for them. I don't want to lose the extra points I get for Volatiles.

Nearly two weeks later, much investigation happening....

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when people complained about volatiles?

• I was planning to level up my Scout Controller badge, but the Volatile markers (yellow squares) went away with the conversion to Lightship.

The badge level requirements are so high, I'm just not motivated without 3x Controller credit for Volatile portals. I've been checking Intel/scanner every now and then, but am pretty sure I'll turn around and months will have gone by without checking. I'm not even sure if Lightship/Niantic plans to re-add the Volatile feature.

So, if anything is done where we can get more than 1 Scout Controller credit for a single portal, could someone please remember this post, and tag me?

A dog badge would look cool next to my two cat badges (from Year 9, and from Halloween)…

Kinda right there with ya. I’m working on the regular scout medal as I can, but it’s mostly me scanning 5ish really cool portals a bunch of times in hopes it’ll end up being cool in the game, but actually searching out controllers hasn’t happened in forever (currently around 1,500).

As always, baffling (actually not really, par for the course) that we haven’t really got any updates on this besides, we’re investigating….

They are back

• Will there be any bonus for us to make up for it missing? There's has to be a way to track those that uploaded scans since the issue was known.