Faction change impossible for recursed agents?

edited April 2020 in General

Hello all! Wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience to what I'm seeing.

Three of us local RES put in for a faction change on 4/6/20. Two of us (who haven't recursed) were granted their changes on 4/8/20. Niantic support informed me that I had the option to "revert recursion". I elected to take that option.

I have not heard anything back from support without opening another ticket. Upon doing that, I was told to be patient.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar post recursion?

This is definitely causing trust issues with my new faction, as it's been nearly two weeks and I'm already in some ENL slacks and telegrams.

Comments

• Would love to see this resolved! @nevergonnasleep is a great agent and is stuck in limbo right now where he's been removed from RES communities, and can't play with his friends whose faction changes were approved. Sadly, some ENL are starting to get suspicious that he hasn't submitted a faction change at all and is trying to spy on us or some silly thing.

It seems reasonable that reverting his recursion could take a little longer than a standard non-recursed faction change, but we're getting close to 2 weeks of this when the others took 2 days.

The lack of response from support makes me curious if something about the backend changes have made this tricky, but I don't think anyone other than @NianticCasey could answer that.

• DMiliarakisDMiliarakis ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

There is a guy in my country that got a faction change while he was recursed. His ap turn to 0, as a regular faction change. The simulacrum badge remained but not the wings next to his avatars' name. Also he didn't receive an onyx year 7 anniversary badge. It went accordingly to his current level. It will go through eventually, but not as fast as the other faction change requests.

Post edited by DMiliarakis on
  • Thanks for the info @DMiliarakis

• Currently at 40 emails!

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand. If you wanted to FC, why wouldn't you FC during the recursion?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I dont understand this either, where is the problem? u can do a faction change easy if u recurse if the agent did this what is the problem then ?

• @starwort I didn't want to change factions at that time.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

probably a technical issue with the database, not handling FC after recursion,

personally, id have just given up and deleted account buy now, heck even attempt a speed leveling record,,,,,

surely reversing the recursion would allow you to recurse and turncoat then,

• Currently up to 40 emails.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

hm so its a technical issue then? might not be easy for them fix it maybe ?

• That's what I'm thinking, considering the other two agents were done in two days.

I'd rush back to 16, but I'm in a semi rural area. Took me three years just to make 16.

• @KarM3L I'm hoping to hit 8 in two hours. :)

Won't give up my account, though. Been playing since 2014 and have 9 anomalies on my account.

• Up to 62 emails now! Still can't even get a date to expect it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

What are they saying, that they cant help or fix it or ?

• I can understand if they are having technical issues. The thing that's unacceptable is the lack of response to his request for a reason as to why it's taking so long.

• That was on the 8th. I've gotten several different flavors of "shortly" since then.

• We have an agent that did that around a year ago. They factioned changed when they recursed, had second thoughts and wanted to change back, and asked for a faction change. Niantic rolled back their recursion instead, including AP, so they could recurse again and pick the faction they want.

Hilariously, they retained the recursion badge, with a count of 0, until they recursed again.

No idea what's taking them so long since this was obviously something they figured out a while ago. Good luck with the faction change.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

So, You played for three years and went to nine anomalies. Surely that's long enough to decide which team you want to be on? So when it came to recursion you decided you were happy to stay on the same team? Fine. And then a couple of months later you suddenly want to ditch them and change factions? Do not understand.

Also: stop emailing Niantic. It's the weekend - nothing's going to happen in the next few hours. You're just making extra work for the service droids who have to answer your messages. If they say they'll send you an update shortly, you need to wait more than 3 minutes before you ask them again.

• edited April 2020

@starwort guess I shouldn't be surprised that trolls are here. 4chan or reddit might be a better fit for you...y'know, more people who can't count.

• edited April 2020

Took 69 (NICE) emails back and forth and fifteen days, but they pulled my recursion back. So if anyone else is planning on flipping:

• Not recursed? - Two days
    • Recursed? - Two weeks

Thanks for the support and information, y'all. Happy hacking!

• ****- I recursed and changed faction a while back, now recursed and changed faction, but a bug didn’t change it… in same limbo now… a response starts a new report… no response . Put in only 3 resonators when noticing🙈

• Why would you switch sides?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

some switch due to toxic relations on team and some for fun or other reasons.

• Why would you need a third faction? Two faction dramas aren't enough for you?

• I went from RES to ENL in august, want back to my «old team», and also to heavy onesided green where I live. Less to do while ENL. Can live with it, but å bit fun trying both factions…

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Sounds like complacency to me. Actually, old two faction dramas are tiring. A third faction can be a good change. The only thing that is permanent is change. If one fails to adapt; then one sets herself/himself for extinction.