Reward to the no-core players better than to the core players

vRorschachvRorschach ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General

You have seen the reward to the players who don’t pay the C.O.R.E is better than the payers reward.

I’m a C.O.R.E. player and I’m strongly disagree with that, I started to pay the subcription on 9, 11 months ago and I will not have the extra load out until the next month, when the event will have finished.

I think the C.O.R.E. players should have almost the same reward than the no payers.

Post edited by vRorschach on

Comments

• Agree we should be able to recycle them, but at least with APEX you can slap 4 on before bed and they are gone in the morning. Unfortunately, other items like BB have to be applied to portals and they do publicize your location.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant you fire em off, then, not deploy a portal or similar to equal the AP diff?

• Add a settings toggle to let enable or disable recycling of Boosts items. Should be set to disabled by default. That'll silence someone like @Hosette

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Go find yourself an empty portal dense area and go to town. Healthy blitz playing exercise in don't worry where the links fall.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mirthmaker How does that get rid of APEX boosts? My issue is that I don't want double AP from them. Ideally I want no AP from them at all which is why they are still in my inventory.

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

While I agree with the rewards thing I find kinda incorrect to say "those that don't pay anything". Some people just purchases CMU bundles, this stills counts as revenue for Niantic. The term "non-core" is more apropiate I think.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so no extra loudout until next month ? we want the extra this month now when is double ap.. not when over ? i dont understand logic in this :/

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

The logic is something like, "Here is something cool to celebrate Year 9, but instead of implementing it in a way that's fun and useful for Agents, we will go with what is laziest for the developers."

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need portal to activate apex, so use them and go to sleep.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydracyan Doing that would require me to do it 48 nights in a row right now and get me 1K (or 2K when there's double AP) of AP I don't want. To me the general solution of allowing players to recycle items they don't want is a better long-term design for the game.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Why does bag space matter? Niantic will do nothing about backpack accounts even when you pass them screenshots of the capsule IDs that were moving from backpack to main account so the main could keep on attacking.

Niantics free to try and prove me otherwise. At this point multiple accounts is basically sanctioned.

• As someone who is rabidly against backpack accounts, I feel your pain.

It's a bit of a Catch 22. It could be 2 agents there, one passing gear to another agent. If you take a photo or video to show there's only one agent there, then you're violating ToS yourself. Even if they're all performed on the same device, there's nothing actually against ToS with someone passing their phone to another player, who then logs in to their account, drops a capsule, passes phone back to original player, who logs in and picks up that capsule. Reality is, of course, almost always multi-accounting backpackers. But you just need one incorrect ban - which has happened - for the pitchforks to appear.

I've mentioned this before, and the easy solution against backpacks (and gear sales) is to disable gear trading. Even if you continue to enable key trading, this will be a highly unpopular solution.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Niantic regularly do anything that makes sense? Very debatable.

As usual, it’s like they’re so close to hitting it out of the park and just, don’t. Should have just said, anyone with an active CORE sub on Nov 15th will get a bonus, done. Go get some AP agents! 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

• I always consider CORE subscription as some sort of monthly charity. I spend money on them and expect nothing in return. Charity.

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

Gonna be kit locked with the extra load out anyhoo. Yes the extra space for non core would be to tempt them to purchase.

• Anyone else have core renew but not get rewards? Took money and spaces stayed but no reward items.

• With supports help have got my rewards sorted but have only got normal rewards and not the bonus. But at this point I will take it as a win.