[2.84.1] Scan Meshing Failed, or: How do I scan?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and you need to scan portals with Meshing enabled differently, but I'm noting it down as a bug just in case.

When you scan a portal without Portal Meshing, you can just do the normal "walk around the portal" to scan the portal and upload it. With Meshing enabled, it feels like 9 out of 10 times the exact same movements fails. Swinging the camera around and recording the surroundings will eventually give you the option to upload the scan, but as the task before was to only have the portal in view, I'm not sure if you're supposed to record the surroundings during Meshing as well.

Oneplus 8 Pro, Android 11, Ingress v.2.84.1

Tagged:
5 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Same happens to me. Droid Z2 Force.

• What happens if you scan with Meshing enabled and continue walking passed the Portal (instead of standing still and looking back on what you've already scanned)? For example, keeping moving to scan more of the surrounding area. It looks like what may be happening is that you've already created the mesh, but then you're looking back at the completed mesh you've already scanned.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, so with Meshing, we are actually supposed to scan the environment around as well? I did try that already, and that did work, but I didn't upload those scans because I wasn't sure that we were supposed to do that.

• Any detailed guides on this? I've try scanning alot but still fail