Dev Diary: Powered by Niantic Lightship, coming soon

124»

Comments

• https://youtube.com/shorts/RoudTZrGkfs?feature=share

• This is undoubtedly cool! Well done.

I would like to know when portals with incorrect geo-position will be removed from Ingress, in closed territories. Many agents take advantage of this and do not allow other players to play normally. Photos have already appeared on many banned portals. When will the problem be solved? It's just chaos in the ingress world.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Just on this. In Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Adventure Sync has been non-functional for Android users for months there.

However, the 2.19 update is meant to fix it. Adventure Sync also does not work on Transformers: Heavy Metal for the same users.

As this seems like it’s a fix in Lightship due to that, I wonder if we could have Adventure Sync as early as next week.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody cares. There are still a raft of usability/visibility issues that plague prime. Please fix them first @NianticThia

• As you can see in the image, hey, lose a Legitimate portal by reporting one or another Player is an inexplicable thing… Follows Scan made on the day you activated the new scan function as you can see in the video I recorded to show some friends who play as the new Niantic lightship scan is done and then the portal disappeared, I lost all my items that are in the port, I lost my links that were in the Portal. Through all this presented that proves that the portal is legitimate, it is in the correct place, I hope they are returned to the game.

• I feel that we need to fix the problem with Pokémon players being able to get portals accepted over ingress players. I’ve given up on nominating portals because they’ve been rejected only to see them accepted later , and the name on the portal is “unknown “. Why is it that the nominations are rejected for me only to be accepted for an “unknown “ Pokémon player? Very frustrating.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because wayfarer doesn't work. People vote depending on existing portals, not the guidelines.

• Wayfarer seems to be dominated by people in cities and anything on trails or beaches or not a concrete Jungle component are rejected even though they be permanent and solid and man made and follow all the other guidelines completely. I mainly play on trails beaches in rural areas and often I have to submit a nomination 10 or 15 times over many years to get it accepted. Also Niantic has to do something major to bring in new players to make the game more attractive to the new audiences. Making it true augmented reality of course would help with that but as the last commenter stated most phones - unless you have the latest from the last year or two won't be able to do that. I've been playing since January 2016 and there used to be feeling of a feeling of family. It looks like the last previous comment here was months ago, where is everybody? I love the game, but if we can't get that family-like participation back I don't want to play much anymore.

• A mi hijo y a mí nos han rechazado portales sin ton ni son, he apelado los más lógicos y han aceptado ya varios, de hecho el último que me han rechazado lo hicieron por elemento natural y era un parque biosaludable para mayores, o un monilito del camino de Santiago porque no es único o no es culturalmente aceptable.

Por cierto, siempre se hacen las peticiones en ingress y en caso de acabarlas lo hacemos con Pokémon