Ingress Prime v. 2.26 Release Notes

Agents,

In the coming days, you will receive an update to the Ingress Prime Scanner. 

================

Ingress Prime

Release Notes

v. 2.26.2

================

For 2.26.2:

• UX: Changed the way COMM refreshes to only update the specific feed being viewed instead of all feeds at once. 
  • UX: Media will now be sorted most recent to oldest
  • UX: Add sfx for loading and unloading a Capsule
  • UX: When the last XMP or UltraStrike of a given level is used, the selection will move to a lower level item of the same type instead of moving to Jarvis/ADA
  • UI: Enhancement to the way the tap disambiguation works
  • Bug: Fixed an issue causing formatting problems of Mission descriptions when clicking on multiple Missions in an Agent's profile.
  • Bug: Fixed an error when interacting with a dropped item when out of range. 
  • Bug: Fixed an issue where Mods detail panel is off screen for iPhone X

WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON NEXT?

• Improvements to map readability in sunlight
  • UI Updates
  • Overall app stability
  • Portal Edits & Reporting
  • Continued bug fixes and parity

KNOWN ISSUES

To see a list of known issues go here: http://bit.ly/IngressPrimeKnownIssues

Comments

• So links still look like simple lines, the map still has a ridiculous amount of opacity, the game is still overall hostile to anyone with photosensitivity issues and openly difficult for the color blind? Excellent. And here we were worried that you didn't have your priorities straight.

• innstinctinnstinct ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

There is also a question about the graphics for devices allowing to use it in good quality , will these changes be made ?

• Any comments on the portal edit part? Will there be an improvement like with portal nominations? Any hopes for edits upgrades?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Om3gaMinus I myself am photosensitive, in that I cannot have the brightness on my mobile beyond 50%. At night I have to drop the brightness to 10%, which is only a slight annoyance, compared to severe eye strain from the bright graphics of portals

Please elaborate on the opacity issue. I am not seeing an opacity issue on my S9+

This update hasn't done much for the UI/UX, which may be part of the changes for 2.27/2.28?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

What about a fix for the inabilty to sort portal keys by name once the scanner has been open for a few minutes? Or for the action circle being way off screen after returning from remotely recharging or viewing a portal? You keep breaking things and then not fixing them. But at least we have sound effects for loading a capsule...

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

The easiest way to fix the "off center" glitch is to just go into the XMP selection screen (or whatever you call the "Fire" mode) and it snaps right back into place. Takes a second to fix, and you can do it anywhere even if no portals are available to tap.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

Has this update been pulled?

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it was pulled. Yesterday was the Fourth of July, but I'm not sure if a holiday would delay a rollout.

• Good Job!

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont get the update. Please give me the update now in Google Play Store.

• RyantRyant ✭✭

Jontebula, its out of their hands once they give Google and Apple the update.

They have to approve it first.

101 of App Stores of Google and Apple.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It was stated the version before last that the UI update would hit in version 2.27 tentatively. So complaining there are no updates in 2.26 is counter productive.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

5 days is a long time for a rollout. It seems it doesn't fix the Sort By Name bug either. Not bad... when I was learning BASIC programming in school in 1979, one of the first things I learned was a sort routine, and they seem to be able to make a mess of even this simple task ;)

• @Ponder that Game is surely handling a lot of complex data. If they bring in some Simple sorting Algorithm has you say, it would be just contribute to another worst performance issues. Developers need much patience & time to design & develop a perfect Application.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

Sorting used to work fine. I think the trouble may be that the development team have other tasks than Prime development. I may be wrong, of course, but it would surprise me if a full time team took this long to code for a game of this level of complexity.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

Finally. Now let's see how it behaves.

• The 2.25 post is tagged as announcement, but this post is not. Any reasons?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't expecting the update anymore, but it still showed up on the Appstore today.

7 days to approve an app, I thought Apple and Google shortened their approval periods :D

• BuktonBukton ✭✭

The scanner freezes occasionally and I have to force close. If you are going to keep black background instead of green, could you make the portals more visible or bigger.

Thanks

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

Still freezing for me too. Always been a problem since I got this phone (OnePlus 6T).

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I have launched the app twice, both times it was bugging out, seems like this release isn't the most stable.

That being said, I hope the upcoming UI changes will come quickly, september is closing in fast, and the scanner in the current state is in no way a viable replacement for Redacted, unfortunately.

The two week cycle should be maintained, in order to get enough feedback for the UI changes and feature parity.

• I just received the update on my Android Oreo phone.

• Maybe, but just to set your expectations properly: I wouldn't count on it. But if you do notice this regression, please share it directly with me...

• As another Agent already commented, there are significant changes coming in 2.27 and in 2.28. And, more will come after that.

But, for us to be able to make the most efficient use of our time, something you can help with is to detail and characterize the problem. This will help us to fix it. On this note, the team has already been doing an internal experiment to address issues for color blindness--though it's challenging as none of us are color blind ourselves.

Also, next time I hope that you will refrain from using sarcasm; it can lead to toxic interactions and does not help the Dev team to be motivated to work on the issue you care about.

• edited July 2019

I can speak to this: Ingress is a very complex game so yes it is difficult to perfect and will take all of us to accomplish it together. As we all know (especially you being a Founder) Redacted took many years to get to where it is today. Anytime you are completely changing the code base and rewriting something of this nature, there will be issues, regressions, and new never-seen-before problems. And, you are wrong: the development team is only working on Ingress.

• edited July 2019

The approval time varies on a multitude of factors. And to be clear: for each release we want to let the update "soak" with 10% of (Android) users before we make it available to all. Due to the timing and the long holiday in the US, we weren't planning to continue rollout until this week, provided everything went well. Some of these nuances of the release are last-minute and difficult to pre-populate in the release notes but we could have set better expectations so I'm sorry for this.

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭

The frustration is building. This whole community was created for communication between each other and yourselves, but the lack of any responses is hugely frustrating. Currently I'm unable to make a full journey to or from work (35-40 minutes) without the whole app freezing solid, yet this, previously reported on both Reddit and here, still isn't in the known issues file! It takes under 10 seconds to load Redacted, yet almost a minute to reset Prime. I'm not sure you begin to appreciate how frustrating this is.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The loading is fast! I can't wait for the UI update