First Catan, and now Harry Potter…

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress outlives them all it seems. I wonder what big products Niantic will discuss at their Lightship event now?

Comments

• LukeAllStarsLukeAllStars ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

I hope you can replace Ingress with Pikmin (or nothing)

(Edit: in the meme above, obviously)

Post edited by LukeAllStars on
  • Now let’s hope this doesn’t actually happen. That would be a serious disappointment.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Better get all your friends to fall in love with the game, sign up for CORE, rate 5* and somehow figure out a way to enjoy the game under perma-fields! This is your mission to save the game we know and love (kinda, mostly).

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress will outlive all the other games because Niantic is its sole stakeholder, and the company needs to have something in its dwindling roster of Powered By Niantic Lightship games (scroll to the bottom of the page).

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Transformers next.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, I personally spend an additional $9 a month on top of CORE just to help out, even though I don't have use for CXM at the moment.

• ZeroZeroZieteZeroZeroZiete ✭✭
    edited November 2021

You dont have to be worried, Ingress is alive and has survived thanks to PoGO income and the players from pogo that use ingress as a tool of pogo, plus pogo is owned by nintendo and is the biggest brand in the world something that gives more security

Unlike catan and hp which were only using the pogo map (yes because 99.99% of the info is thanks to pogo)

So ingress wont go anywhere as long PoGO is here unless for some reason they decide to stop using pogo as source of survive but since the billions rise i dont see that coming especially when john hanke called ingress ''his child project'' he probably loves it so much that wont let it dissapear...for now

• I feel that all of these current and future Niantic game cancellations need a “Hitler reacts” meme.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

HPWU still on the list of games at the bottom of the page, oof. Also no TFHM despite it being out for a few months now :\

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing lasts forever as they say, still 9 years so far is very long time for any online game..

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been some time now that Ingress has been running on pure love.

I'm placing some beacons on 31st Jan 2022.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Portal Scans do nothing - yet...

Data is needed, chicken and egg problem,

Speaking of chickens, go do more missions, so some eggs (features) can be laid lol

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Yo, just wondering, would it be nice to get a badge in Ingress scanner for time served in HP? :D

Delta-T had one, why not HPWU?

Just saying :D

• If they did something like that, it’d probably be part of niantic profiles, rather than a medal in any specific game.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

You can pick up a new hobby by gardening through Pikmin Bloom. I wonder if they can introduce tea time with Pikmin ;)

• I would prefer non-digital gardening. At least our environment would be thankful for that :)

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

True, gardening would help the environment rather than other games that increase carbon footprints on our planet ;)

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭

Endgame: *cries in nothingless*

• I only just found out about HPWU Going away at the end of January,so sad to hear that as it was my first introduction into Niantic Exploration games,while i had friends playing POGO it didnt really interest me at the time so i went to see what the hype was about...that got me learning about my area,poi's,looking up Ingress,installing and running them both side by side and eventually moving over to POGO and now the mess that is Pikmin Bloom when it works properly but while its still early days like HPWU Was i'll see what happens.

I think i miss Ingress more these days and why i ended up in pogo.

Its always sad when something goes that you've invested time in but obviously theres reasons we dont know about that led to its demise which im now sad about.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

You may want to check this new RPG game that young gamers are into nowadays. It's called Genshin Impact. They will release it in Nintendo Switch soon :)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Ingress maybe not the firstborn but is the best child of Niantic. Let it "die" would be assuming that the company can't handle it, therefore wouldn't be able to handle anything else.

Harry Potter and Catan were third-party and I already knew them all would be temporary. That's what's happen with every game like that (from movies, comics, etc), a game company is hired to do a game and after a while it disappears. Sometimes another company buy the first one and just end the contract.

Pikmin will eventually have the same destiny.

But why Pokémon is different? Is just the biggest franchise in the world and anything with its name on it will sell (just look at any recent new generation). And on top of that GO is a huge success. Nintendo would have to go nuts to terminate this contract.

Ingress will fall before Pgo.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

The important questions to answer for Ingress Prime to survive are the following:

1.) How will Niantic fix the bugs concerning the game such as latency, core subscriptions, etc.

2.) Will Niantic ever fix the spoofing and backpack account issues? Those also hurt the company's revenues.

3.) Lastly, how will Niantic attract and retain younger players (particularly female ones) given that there are other RPG games with a better storyline, graphics, and servers supporting them?

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

There's very few players even left anymore. I haven't seen Niantic even try to promote the game. There's no more sponsors either. Yes the spoofers and backpack accounts are terrible for the game. When they outnumber legitimate players like they do now the game is no longer fun. It had it's heyday. Now it boils down to who can cheat the best. I'm glad I got to play when it was competitive and fun. Now it's just that vintage game very few play. I'm actually shocked it's even still running.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s weird how quiet Niantic has been during this anniversary event. Business as usual for this team I guess, on that minimalist communication style. I would think we’d have our hype lady out giving us sneak peeks, reporting on what’s going on in the ingress world and in general, a team that seems stoked they’ve made it 9 years.

I see we’ve got a couple passcodes, which is neat. Otherwise, am I missing something here? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s called the Holidays. As Thia said, a large amount of Niantic staff (and Ingress especially) have been out on leave and so of course the other staff members must balance it out. Especially if a Team’s leadership are mostly all out on leave it can be even more exacerbated. Maybe we’ll get some news soon but remember that Niantic staff are people too. They have lives outside of work.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

But now that Google play store shows local ratings for me it says 4.1 now maybe we will get more players where the rating is good now?