[POLL] Orange XM is Sticking Around - Favorite XM Color

edited November 2021 in General

Hi Agents -

A quick note - I know that the Halloween event is over but many of you (and the team!) like the look of the orange XM so it's going to stick around for a bit.

Out of curiosity, which of the XM colors has been your favorite?

What are some other colors we could try and why?

Note: Other Agents will see your results; this is NOT an anonymous poll.

[POLL] Orange XM is Sticking Around - Favorite XM Color 406 votes

Orange
43%
SirkjellModularModularXQlusioNVins0d0gboyABeerSlayerGoblinGranatesaarstahloppolotoscarc1ioHpeiHiFrankmansMatiasM20hyperi0n94JefferyhSuburbanizarnoranekoinkoArtilectZedJormundPlane1967 175 votes
Rainbow
30%
InvestigateXMIshiraShyzusEDEL22philipsdirkNikaKorGiosoak24liyu1Jo0LzVAINMarllonGTADementedTulipstoopedminkJoLongcaytRatooarealwerewhaleATR0P0SLynoocsUltrawenis 123 votes
White
26%
KalalessLinkDanReinaMaylaMrMoutAzhreiagrendelwulfunderegangPerringaidenquirischaPapaverisErreKrboxMAXIMxTooLegitToExistDollyStrikeBackHoshi23KhatreDtargaryeJennyEmka39toneCliffM 108 votes
Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• edited November 2021

Hi Agents -

A quick note - I know that the Halloween event is over but many of you (and the team!) like the look of the orange XM so it's going to stick around for a bit.

• Orange

Looking good! 😎

• Orange

It stands out more, leave it

• Orange

The two obvious choices are blue and green. Maybe even a mixture of blue and green? Or maybe blue portals make blue xm, green portals make green xm, neutral portals/random XM white. Or all these variables are user adjustable.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainbow

Remember the last time we had Dark XM? Poor people suffered from the Hulong glasses and you want it back? 😱

• Rainbow

This was tough. Orange is great and gives some strong festive vibes.. Rainbow XM though, that's all I want and then some.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    White

Rainbow was so bright I couldn't see anything but the damn XM. I sometimes couldn't tell if some zone is under a field or not, and if yes then how many layers it has, because of bright rainbow XM in the way. So white for now. Orange is quite good too, will see if I get used to it. It doesn't blend with neutral portals which is nice.

• Orange

So while I do REALLY LOVE the rainbow and having rainbow XM for pride month, it's difficult to be able to identify portal alignment at a glance and I'm glad that it's only for a month at a time.

I chose orange because I like having the visual cues that there's an event going on, and it looks nice. The only drawback of orange is that it sometimes makes it hard to see the orange on a portal that needs recharging.

I'd be glad to see more single colors (except for res-blue and enl-green), especially for events. I also don't know if they could be muted a bit (pastel-y?) to make portal alignment / portal health easier to see. That's the real advantage of white XM - it's boring but I can still see portals/mods/health/etc.

• Rainbow

Green, yellow, and red for black history month would be neat

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orange

Great xD

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Orange

I like orange

Edit: oops double post sry.

• Orange

I vote the color of finding someone who can fix the lag?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orange

I absolutely love rainbow XM for the aesthetics but it makes the game more difficult to play.

The XM color should be one that contrasts well with green, blue, and grey/white. If you look at a color wheel you will see that something in the orange family is pretty much optimal for this.

• PtitetitilePtitetitile ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Orange

purple it's better !!!

• White

White but give purple a go if not done yet

• "Oops, forgot to change the XM color back..."

"Hey, let's have a poll to give us some more time to do this trivial task!

"Good idea!"