Successful glyph hack being reported as a tap hack in 2.80.1 on iOS 14.8/15

gideonhallettgideonhallett ✭✭
edited September 2021 in Report a Bug

This is not a frequent issue, and not a predictable issue, but seems to occur in ~1-2%(?) of glyph hacks on the current client.

When entering the glyph minigame, you see the sequence and complete it normally and correctly (sequence is correct, all dots on screen buzz/light up).

The client pauses briefly, shows no extra AP reward on-screen, and rewards you as if you had tap hacked; you also do not get any glyph points towards Translator.

If the hack was registered as a glyph hack but not completely correct, you'd still get bonus items and some AP - this gives you nothing extra.

I've had this happen a few times; and on each occasion, I am absolutely and totally confident that I'd put the correct sequence in, at least according to the client.

I had upgraded from iOS 14.8 to iOS 15 the previous day, so I wondered if that might be a factor, but a friend has reported the same experience on iOS 14.8, so it might be a more general issue than iOS 15 teething troubles.

My phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15 and client 2.80.1.5eeb5008

My friend's phone: iPhone 12 Mini running iOS 14.8.

(Unfortunately, due to it being intermittent and unpredictable, it's not possible to provide a screenshot.)

Post edited by gideonhallett on
3 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments