Niantic Chat Weekly Bug List
edited December 2021 in Niantic Social Beta
We will be updating this thread on a weekly basis with the latest issues we have noted. We will be monitoring all of the posts in this Closed Beta space, so please continue to follow the same feedback / bug report guidelines as always.
The most helpful bug reports are reproducible and specific. If you’re seeing an account-specific issue, the forum isn’t the best place to seek help. Instead, tap Main Menu > Settings > REPORT PROBLEM > Contact Us.
- Search for duplicates before you post.
- Report 1 issue per thread.
- Please keep bug reports and feedback in this space related to Niantic Chat
- Share specific steps to reproduce the issue you’re seeing.
- Describe what you expected to happen, and what actually happened instead.
- Include your device model name, Android or iOS version, Ingress app version number, and whether you’re connected to 4G/5G or Wi-Fi.
- Attach a screenshot of any error message you’re seeing.
- iOS’s upload photo path has a bricking bug when a user takes a photo with the device and uploads the photo
- UI does not refresh instantly for other users; when user A creates a group or modifies a group member list, user B and user C won’t see the changes immediately. The propagation period is about 1 minute
- Android back button navigation: If you create an event and click on any of the options to select or enter details, clicking the device back-button drops you back to the group main screen. Using the back-buttons at the top of the app returns you back to the event creation screen
- Location-sharing issues for a limited set of users on iPhone 8
- Cannot be deleted
- Channel list is not sorted chronologically
- Users can be invited multiple times to the same group
- Creating a group does not make the group visible immediately. Sometimes need to go to different tab then come back to see the new group
- Using an invite code for a group you’ve already joined is confusing because it provides no feedback
- Entering an incorrect group invite code provides no feedback.
Post edited by NianticThia on
Niantic chat: Sharing of location is still not available
Ingress Version: 220.127.116.11-9cbf94fc
Phone model: Samsung S20 Ultra (Android 11)
But share of live location still not available.
location share doesn't work also for iphone 11
Ingress version: 2.77.1
My location: Tokyo, Japan
I noticed this morning that I can now search for locations and share my current location on my iPhone 8.
It seems to have solved the same problem for other friends in Japan.
Thank you for your help.
Now I can create my own group.
I'm going to try it out.
I look forward to new updates: )
Ya. Thanks for fixing the live location sharing.
So... How is this weekly bug list going?
3 weeks later?
So if this is not being updated on a weekly basis.... does that means all bugs have been resolved and no new bugs have been found?
Hey @JimboMX @XQlusioN!
Apologies for the delay - while we have resolved most of these bugs, we've also been continuing to QA on our side and fixing bugs as they arise. We have not seen many new reports on this forum since mid-late August, so we're looking ahead to the next set of announcements.
Today log in, I cant view any information on map.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20 Ultra
Waited for 5 minutes, still empty
Niantic chat button missing.
iOS and Android
It's been announced as a temporary offline.
I'm also not seeing the chat icon right now.