keyboard icon does not always appear on chat screen

Nubia RedMagic 6, android 11, Prime 2.82.1

Sometimes the chat screen does not show the keyboard icon, making it difficult to start a new chat message.

Tagged:
3 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• @GorillaSapiens If you haven't already, please refresh the game date or reinstall the app and check if that helps. Do let us know if this continues.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Or you could fix the game so that it doesn't have to be constantly restarted.

I didn't actually know that there is a keyboard button on the chat screen because I've never seen it. So I restarted the app and to my surprise, there it was. It took less than one minute of me visiting various tabs in the app for the button to disappear again. Here's how: close chat, go to inventory, go to keys, return to map screen, go to alerts (bottom right on the map screen), go to the chat tab. No keyboard button.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to the comment of @starwort, I could finally find a way to reproduce the issue, as the missing keyboard never affected me or I never noticed it ^^' The trigger seems to be entering Remote View through a Portal Key. It doesn't matter if you have opened the chat before, how you open the chat afterwards or if you're going into Remote View via the Drone, once you open Remote View via a key in your inventory, the keyboard vanishes from COMM until you restart. Video below:

Ingress 2.82.1, OnePlus 8 Pro, Android11

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticVK NO.

NO, NO, NO.

This is a FORUM for REPORTING BUGS. I'm not looking for a workaround. I am REPORTING a BUG.

That keyboard button is supposed to appear. it does not. THIS IS A BUG.

Your job here is NOT to help me. your job here is to make sure the developers know that there is a bug.

@NianticThia how do we get transparency into the known bug list and assurances that actions are being taken? constantly foisting Niantic's job back onto players is not what we're looking for here.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

supposedly fixed by 2.83.1