Scanner Distance

Bub8legumBub8legum ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Ingress Community Feedback

I should preface this post by saying that I am originally a Pokémon GO player that picked up Ingress a few days ago.

I think the Interaction distance with portals should be doubled like it has been in Pokémon GO for the last couple of months. I have a few reasons for this. Namely, there are some portals in apartment buildings that aren’t reachable from the sidewalk without the double interaction distance, and It allows for better social distancing when playing the game with others.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

no better not, not all portals are access by all agents, its normal u cant reach certain portals under normal play. we have drones now if u cant reach send drone and hack atleast.

• What @mortuus said, as well as the fact that your distance from the portal affects other things as well, such as resonator deploy distance, which in turn affects splash damage distribution from burster/ultrastrike fire.

The Ingress action circle is fine the way it is. It doesn't need adjusting for covid. As mentioned, you have a drone you can use to hack portals you may not be able to reach easily yourself. Else, find a way to request access to said portal.

• I play both Pokemon and Ingress. I find it quite annoying that while I can reach a stop without crossing the street, I have to cross the busy street to reach the portal...