C.O.R.E. benefit: Boosts Lockers?

HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I've argued for a long time that either boosts shouldn't consume inventory space, or they should be recyclable. Maybe there's another option, though?

I propose a Boosts Locker. It would work just like a key locker but the only thing that could be stored in it would be boosts (beacons, frackers, APEX, etc.) I would make them available only to C.O.R.E. subscribers-- give out one with the first month of a C.O.R.E. subscription and an additional one after each 12 (continuous?) months of being a subscriber.

This would encourage people to subscribe, and to maintain their subscription. It would also solve the problem that some of us have with Apex and battle beacons continuing to consume inventory space.

Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree

• jjavierjjavier ✭✭✭

good idea!

• MatiasM20MatiasM20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Disagree, as Brian said in the past, some boosts gives advantage to the Agent or their faction.

Someone who have high amounts of APEX, BB and frackers, is a competitive advantage wich could affect gameplay.

This isn't the case of normal beacons and fireworks, those should not be counted against inventory, like the medias, wich don't affect individual or faction gameplay.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal beacons do affect gameplay, because they prevent others from deploying Battle Beacons, which can be used to forcibly flip the alignment of an otherwise immune portal.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

APEX do not affect gameplay in any way... they just boost personal stats.

• I have so many beacons. wish we could drop boost items.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Why hold on to these things? Use them up, make the game play in your area more active.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArtilectZed APEX boosts don't do anything to make gameplay more exciting... they just boost a personal stat. I'm a purist about my stats and I don't want double AP. (I know, I'm odd about that.) My options are to use them and get AP that I don't want, to let them build up in my inventory, or to cancel my C.O.R.E. subscription. None of those appeals to me, which is why I was thinking about other options. Battle Beacons are pretty specialized things that I'm more likely to have a use for when there's not a pandemic If I had a way to get rid of the APEX without gaining AP I would be all over that like beige on suburban walls, but that's not possible right now.

Additionally, I'd be more inclined to buy and use things like beacons if they didn't consume inventory space.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I've been asking for this for a few years. This and Media Lockers.

• if you use APEX while you are not playing, you would only get double AP for approved portal nominations or photo submissions.

do you play during double AP events?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@saarstahl If I use an APEX while I'm not playing I still get 1K AP for doing that, and I typically do scale back my play during double AP events. It's my personal quirk and I own that, but I think that my general principle is solid-- if it consumes inventory space then I should have the option to recycle it. If I can't recycle it then it shouldn't consume inventory space. That rule should probably apply only to consumable/replenishable items and not to things like key lockers and the permanent kinetic capsule, though if there's ever a consumable kinetic capsule that you can accumulate multiple of then the rule would also apply.

Pokemon Go mostly works this way. I can recycle Remote Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes[1], but not the free Raid Pass. The Camera and Mystery Box can't be recycled. I can't recycle stickers but they consume no inventory space-- if they did consume inventory space and I couldn't recycle them I'd be quite frustrated since I seem to have accumulated hundreds. Incubators seem to be an exception-- I can't recycle the consumable ones.

[1] I once recycled a hundred Premium Battle Passes in front of someone and they almost had a heart attack. (-:

Post edited by Hosette on
  • Yes, everyone has their own way to play. I upgrade my own resonators to get wings on the builder medal.

• MatiasM20MatiasM20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Oh please stop trying to include everything from other niantic games into ingress...

Post edited by MatiasM20 on
  • HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@MatiasM20 I don't want to include everything! I think daily tasks in Ingress would be horrendous, for example. I just want the ones that I think are a good idea... and I was really using it as an example of "Niantic knows how to do this."