Your experience with the Niantic Reset Program - A call for testimonials

AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in General

Hi All

We would like to put out a request to everyone who has worked with the reset program to restore spoofed portals/links/fields, so that we may highlight to Niantic the value this program provides, as well as the frustrations experienced with the program in its current state. We are pushing to have improvements prioritised, but in order to do so, we need you guys to chip in and show Niantic that it is worth doing.

So tell us of your experience, and include, if possible:

• Which method you used to request the reset (Support ticket, fast-track form, contact VG, etc),
  • What you requested for restore/removal? You can generalise here or be specific.
  • How often you've had to request resets? Was it a once-off event or do you require resets more often?
  • How soon were those resets processed and was everything restored as requested? If not, please add why not.
  • How did the spoofing and the restore impact you? Either personally, or your community?

Please be honest but respectful in your criticism. Suggest improvements.

We look forward to hearing from all of you, and thank you for participating.

-- The Alliance of the Prime Vanguards

Comments

• Mykitic01Mykitic01 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I've always had to contact VG for resets. Also the game data doesn't get deleted once a spoofer is banned I've had to contact a VG to get that deleted too. My opposite faction here in my region heavily indulges in spoofing and data scraping activities since the beginning of the game so I and my community members do need to contact VG often. Many times the reports don't go through because of insufficient proof and it takes months to gather proof and the portals which were spoofed more than a month ago don't get reset. It is saddening for the members since those portals would have been captured after long travels and treks to remote places. It would be good if these portals can be restored. I've seen many agents who played along with me quit because of the increase in spoofer activity, specially in times of guardian badge. It still continues today and we are definitely getting lotta help from VG in this regard. I have not had any complaints about the reporting and reset system. It's good as it is!!

• Which method you used to request the reset (Support ticket, fast-track form, contact VG, etc),

Support ticket, contacted a vanguard and fast track.

• What you requested for restore/removal? You can generalise here or be specific.

Asked for a portal to be reset and a spoofer to be banned. Multiple players asked this.

• How often you've had to request resets? Was it a once-off event or do you require resets more often?

We've been fortunate in this location to only ask for after one spoof event. However at 6 people reported it.

• How soon were those resets processed and was everything restored as requested? If not, please add why not.

Still waiting. This was late July or early August. We've only gotten the canned info messages back.

• How did the spoofing and the restore impact you? Either personally, or your community?

The spoofing was obvious. It bothered a great many. The lack of restoration, or the inability to do anything about it is more destructive. It made our community less happy about niantic, if that's possible. The lack of actual care or customer support is becoming appalling. I know a few of the support people occasionally respond, but clearly, there need to be better processes to make the customer support team a pleasure to work with instead of just a complaint to the Remy bot.

• About this system is a very important tool for the Ingress community since the spoofed problem is something that never ends, many agents spend time, money and sacrifice to enable portals and coordinate large operations, however they are brought down by Spoofed, this system it is of great help to everyone. In particular, I always use it and help other players to use it to restore everything they need,

• What method was used to request a restart?

I contact the system agents who run the complex reboots as needed to restore.

•What did you request to restore / remove?

I commonly request a reboot to portals and links that are difficult to access.

•How often have you had to request restarts?

I almost always request it because there are a lot of impersonations in my play area.

•How soon were those resets processed and was everything restored as requested?

Commonly every day and almost always accurate details.

•How did impersonation and restoration affect you?

Counterfeits have progressively decreased as their dirty work lasts for a short time in restoring the portal they affected.

My suggestions:

- Reboots of portals and / or links should be executed immediately or as soon as the spoofed was banned.

- Portals that are knocked down by Spoofed must have an immunity time when restored.

- Agents who block the OP after being downed by a Spoofed should be penalized.

- Points made by Spoofeds adding to the Score must be removed and the counter must be restored as it was before the counterfeit added points.

- For a better organization in reboots, there must be trusted agents in each area who take care of reboots, in this way there would be more order and not abuse of the system.