Feature Request: Give an option to select whether approved mission is published automatically or not
Currently all approved missions are published automatically in Mission Authoring Tool.
This is problematic if mission banner has for example one mission that is rejected.
Real life example during September Second Sunday:
1. Created easy 6-part mission banner well before Second Sunday, on 5.9.2021.
2. Missions 1-5 got accepted and mission 6 got rejected on 10.9.2021.
3. Edited and sent the mission 6 for review again on the same day 10.9.2021.
Mission 6 has not yet been reviewed as today 19.9.2021.
4. On 12.9.2021 there is Second Sunday.
5. From intel I can see that somebody has done missions 1-5. Do not know who or when these missions were completed, but I assume that an agent wanted to do 6-part mission banner to get Mission Day credit.
But now he/she could only do missions 1-5 and he/she is forced still to do one more extra mission to get Mission Day credit. This messes his/her mission banner row unless she/he does extra banner and then does the 6-part mission banner again from start.
You could always say that look from https://bannergress.com/ and check from Ingress mission list or from Intel that all missions are alive before starting doing mission banners.
1, Niantic need to acknowledge that banners are a thing, so they can be auctioned as 1,
2, I sure as f%#k wouldn't be redoing all 6, I'd just redo the extra ones after 6 is added..
That's happened to lots of us. Once.
Now you know: Don't submit the first mission until all the others are approved.
Two non-banner use cases for author control of visibility:
(1) missions designed to be done during an event
(2) temporarily unpublish a mission when portals are temporarily blocked off from access
And an argument against:
(-1) Author makes mission visible only when their friends want to do it