Ingress 2.81.2 Release Notes

edited September 2021 in Release Notes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: COMM sometimes displayed only the 1 or 2 most recent alerts until restarting the game.

• Fixed: Trying to move your Drone to a Portal with the maximum 8 Drones now re-opens the option to choose a different Portal.

• Fixed: “Unable to operate on item” error when deploying Fireworks on a Battle Beacon Portal.

Please note that we updated from 2.81.1 to 2.81.2 to fix an issue with Portal Scan metadata, and this 2.81.2 release is currently rolling out to all Agents now.

Post edited by NianticBrian on

Comments

• And of course there will be a fix included for all the stuck walking kinetic capsules that keep getting stuck and not counted in this release to stop people calling out for reset surely @NianticBrian ???

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Was hoping for the Kinetic Capsule distance calculation to be fixed.

Still having 25% of distance walked, not recorded for Kinetic Capsule

• only 25% loss, im running at 50-66% loss for my walks. 😔

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

When would have been a great time to fix issues with Kinetic Capsules, such as distance tracking that's constantly lagging or capsules just getting stuck? Before an event built around them.

These issues easily predate the announcement of the event, let alone the event itself. Imagine this kind of announcement: "We really love Ingress, and we're committed to iterating and improving the game. So for this event, we've fixed some of the most annoying issues we've heard with Kinetic Capsules. It's time to move, Agents!"

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha, yeah unlikely scenario, unfortunately.

The trick is to walk 200m in that case and just wait for it to update.

• Fix the Glyph Hacking Mechanics.

I'm sick of having it grab points I didn't touch and miss points which I did touch!

• timecop1818timecop1818 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I completed the 50 capsule challenge (i had ~26? left over from last time, so i didn't need to walk that much), and for my normal walk speed, I get a new capsule every 20 minutes at current 2km setting. it's a bit less than what i actually walk (about 10%?) but it does count. i walked ~21km and consistently opened ~6 capsules in the period of 20*6 minutes (see screenshot). of course during the 21km i ended up with like 10caps, so don't go crying i only got 6 for 21km. also, even if capsule "lags" you get the distance into the next one after some delay. i think considering ingress doesn't actually depend on steps for distance calculation, and just using "moved gps" estimates, the system isn't too terrible.

honestly i would have preferred it counted during running, as i could just leave the app open and run for a while.

• I've been noticing this more and more. did they **** around with stickiness of the dots again? stuff i had no problem doing one handed before now doesn't stick and i have to undo

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I managed 16 KC at the last Optima Challenge

Am up to 38 now

Walking most days, 8km, trekker agrees with this.

Only 6km are recorded for Kinetic Capsules.

Today.

13km walk only 10km recorded with Kinetic Capsules.

So as as you can quite clearly see, there is a 25% discrepancy between what is actually walked (trekker) and Kinetic Capsules.

So have lost out on 9 KCs since the event started.

It is very difficult to do 12 KCs by the end of the weekend. And cannot go further due to Level 3 restrictions. With 2 days remaining

Post edited by Grogyan on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

"even if capsule "lags" you get the distance into the next one after some delay". Nope. If the capsule is at 1.8km, and you walk 600m more, start a new one when the game tells you and you stop for something to eat, that 400m is not added to the new capsule.

• Still no support for RTL languages. As if you don't care about huge portions of the world. We have been haemorrhaging players locally since Prime was released and Niantic just doesn't seem to care.

Do better.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'd rather know the mechanics going in than run the risk of new bugs showing up a day before an event and losing out altogether. We all know Niantics track record with fixing bugs and/or introducing new ones.

Granted, I do agree with your comment and that's would have been the best case scenario.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Yeah i wish they hyped atleast the upcoming features youtube video teaser whatever not just silence and then oneday boom "here is x feature hope u enjoy it".. still they do everything so secret not so much fun these days just see "bug fixes bla"... not that exciting....

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

So where is it?

• BUGS

1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.

2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)

3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.

4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen, or any links or fields on them are not shown, or nearby portals are not shown. Have to go into portal details and then out, or out of portal view to key list and them back to have everything properly showing.

5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.

6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.

7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM and much less than the portal needs to be fully charged, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should, thus requiring two charges for a portal that needs less than 1000 XM to be fully charged instead of one charge.

8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.

9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.

10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen. This brings another issue of submitting photos for new/existing portals. The picture is square in the preview section, landscape in the Portal Keys inventory, and portrait when viewing full picture. It's very confusing when figuring out how to take a photo so that proper details are visible no matter how the photo is viewed in Ingress.

11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.

12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.

13. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down. Yes, it doesn't scroll back up after we scroll down, but we don't need to have to scroll down or use workarounds like selecting different tabs and then go back to the tab we need. Yes, we got LATEST button, but that doesn't solve the issue.

14. Me: *starts recharging a portal* ADA: Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged... Me: *stops recharging the portal* ADA: ...Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged...

FEATURES

1. Change the portal layer to see portals visited with drones. Current portal layer that allows to see drones is useless at best (I personally don't care about the drones I returned while doing something I wanted to do with some portals and I also don't care how many times my drone got forcefully returned) and encourages drone hunting at worst.

2. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.

3. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.

4. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.

5. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?

6. No portal navigation like in Redacted.

FIXED:

1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.

2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.

3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.

4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.

5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.

6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.

7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear diary, it’s been six days since @NianticBrian announced patch 2.81.1. It’s still not available in the AppStore and I’m starting to think this update was pulled.

• Please note that we updated from 2.81.1 to 2.81.2 to fix an issue with Portal Scan metadata, and this 2.81.2 release is currently rolling out to all Agents now.

• And of course there will be a fix included for all the stuck walking kinetic capsules that keep getting stuck and not being counted in this 2.81.2 release to stop people calling out for reset surely @NianticBrian ??? You wont keep people waiting will you 😂😅🤣

• 未だにキネティックカプセルの距離がすすみません