Upcoming changes to Nominations, Edits, Reports & Scans
In-Game Contribution Limits
For Pokémon GO players, we will be replacing the old contribution limit mechanism on October 12, 2021, from a 14 day wait period to accrue, to a daily accrual system, with increased max daily quota based on the contribution type. This applies to Wayspot nominations, reports, and AR scans. You’ll see this reflected in the messaging in your settings and the nominations or editing screens.
- New Nominations - 1 Daily accrual / 40 Daily Max
- Title Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
- Description Edits - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
- Location Edits - 1 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
- Photo Submissions - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
- Abuse Reports - 2 Daily Accrual / 40 Daily Max
- AR Scanning - 10 Daily Accrual / 200 Daily Max
For Ingress players, this same update will be coming later this year, as we wait for Ingress to complete a few more upgrades in the game code. We’ll update you when we get the specific date.