Game Latency

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Date and Time: 24-09-2021 @ 09:50:21 UTC.
    • Timezone: UTC+2, but used UTC for report.
    • Action Performed: Recharge remote portal. (Previous action: Unlocked phone, opened Ingress from background. Click on portal, hit recharge button.)
    • Perceived amount of latency: ~30 sec

• 19:19:30 JST Deploying resonators 7 seconds each

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I'm not using/buying anymore BBs until this **** is resolved. 30 seconds of lag during a BB sequence can completely ruin a whole round of throws.

• K4CharelK4Charel ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Date and Time: 09.25.2021 - 11:21 UTC     

Timezone: BST     

Action Performed: Recharge of the whole portal

Perceived amount of latency: 45-60 seconds

Open the game, start to recharge a portal, after 2 press, it hangs...

Same again at 17:15 UTC 

Post edited by K4Charel on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Date and Time: 25-09-2021 @ 13:12:05 UTC.
    • Action Performed: Deploy resonators. (Previous action: hacking portals, then capture portal and after 4 resonators, the fifth was lagging. After ~30 seconds, the resonator deployed and it lagged for another 15 seconds before I got the “invalid resonator” message.)
    • Perceived amount of latency: ~30 sec, ~15 seconds.

• Date and Time: 09.26.2021 - 07:56 UTC      

Open the game, start to recharge a portal, after 2 press, it hangs...  

• Date and Time: 09.26.2021 - 08:09 UTC      

start to recharge the next portal, after 2 press, it hangs again. . . 🤦

Am I just wasting my time @NianticThia or are you guys going to do anything with this?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Either not everyone has a lot of latency, or the amount of people that either are aware of this topic, or willing to file these reports are on the low side. I think (hope) it's the first one. Either way, I'd also like to know if this is helpful at all...

I'd also like to add that on numerous occasions, glyph hacking doesn't work either. Throwing the 'more/complex' commands a few times usually makes it work eventually, but there's lag there as well I feel.

• The lag is for every scanner action, at random times and could be for deploying, recharging, modding, firing xmp, everything have lag and who plays and deploys more than one resonator suffer this and could be seen.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty certain, it is a bug with Lightship.

Similar lag bugs have been reported on other Niantic products.

Non-Niantic ARGs don't have this lag

• I don’t know what they did to the servers but yesterday i was recharging for +-1 hour and i only had 1 minor freeze for about 10 seconds, this morning deployed a few resonators and it went surprisingly smooth. I could be cheering too soon but perhaps they fixed something?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I noticed that several times in the past as well, deploying resonators almost goes quicker than you can click. I feel like that's immediately after a reboot or something and then a few hours later it's all back to 'normal'.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

Date and time: 27. September, 5:14

Timezone: UTC + 2

Action performed: Portal capture

Perceived amount of latency: About 30 seconds

Actions taken just before: Portal capture

Connection: 4G

• Date and Time: 09.27.2021

15:19 JST / 07:19 BST

• Timezone: JST
    • Action Performed: While tapped Deploy quickly. Trying to deploy 6th L1 resonator at potal.
    • Perceived amount of latency: 20-30 seconds

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Date and Time: 28-09-2021 @ 13:11:05 UTC.
    • Action Performed: Recharge portal, before recharge portal, lag occurred after applying hypercube and resume recharge.
    • Perceived amount of latency: ~45-60 sec seconds.

• K4CharelK4Charel ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Date and Time: 09.28.2021 - 16:43 UTC       

Perceived amount of latency: 45-60 seconds ...

Starting to recharge few portals sitting on the sofa, Wi-Fi.. . 3rd portal boom🤦

• Could you please add a "report delay" button on the recharge screen?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know how useful is is reporting the same issue over and over. They should have something to look at by now; again the lack of updates (from nia and the community; I mean there are hardly any agents reporting) is so awful.

This more and more feels like a “here’s something to keep them busy” type deal.

< insert tumbleweed gif >

Date and time: 29. September, 6:35

Action performed: Recharge

Perceived amount of latency: About 20 seconds

Actions taken just before: Recharge

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Date and Time: 28-09-2021 @ 02:24 PM
    • Timezone: CST
    • Action Performed: Attempting to tap hack but option greyed out. Had full XM bar. Failed multiple times, then actions started happening at a 20-30 second lag time after I attempted the operations
    • Perceived amount of latency: 20-30 seconds

• Date and Time: 09.29.2021 - 16:56 UTC        

Perceived amount of latency: 45-60 seconds ...  

Starting to recharge few portals sitting on the sofa, Wi-Fi... 

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been barely playing since teh walk around with your scanner open in long straight lines (because that's where the portals are?) & hope it records your travel accurately event ended. Teh bit I play on the way to and from teh office, I don't have teh time or care anymore to continually note when teh game continually laggs. If they can't figure it out based on what has been posted by agents that have noticed the issue around the world, then teh game overall is in trouble.

If anyone on teh Ingress team would open their app and play for 30 minutes, they'd notice the lagg. I see it frequently when there are no other currently active agents in a 50 KM radius.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Date and Time: 8:13am AEST 1 October 2021 / 10:13pm 30 September 2021 UTC

Timezone: AEST +10 UTC

Action Performed: I was recharging against a person attacking an anchor of my fields, until some latency occured, where I lost 5/8 resonators, after that it was a struggle to successfully defend the attack.

Perceived amount of latency: 5-10 seconds.

Date and time: 29. September, 5:21, 5:44, 5:49 (yes 3 times in one play session!)

Action performed: Portal capture

Perceived amount of latency: About 20-30 seconds

Actions taken just before: Firing bursters

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, IFS is going on and it’s a good time to take out your scanner and do some test @niantic.

Just try to recharge, you’ll see what’s what.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Date and Time: Oct 2, 09:07

Time zone: UTC

Action performed: glyph hack

Perceived amount of latency: 15 seconds

4G connection. Riding a bus glyph hacking all high level portals, all previous and next hacks were nice and quick.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Oct 2, about 3:30pm - 4:30pm Pacific

Action performed: Recharging

Perceived amount of latency: 1+ minute

Fast.com was reporting 55-65Mbps, mobile data. Recharging resonators would fluctuate between going through instantly to lagging out. When lagging, sometimes the recharge would eventually fail, other times +65 AP would pop up some time later. The keys I recharge daily usually take me about 10 minutes to get through, today it took nearly an hour.

When I tried to fire some bursters while waiting for a recharge to go through, I received "Communication channel too hot."

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Just spent 7 minutes recharging 3 portals. Recharge all button keeps getting greyed out.

I’m done reporting. This thread is another joke, step up and take responsibility ****.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear diary,

It's very sluggish at the moment. Seeing strange visual bugs (others on TG reporting the same), portals not in the right place, or disappearing after destroying them. Walking to the portals in the wrong place gives me the 'portal not in range' error.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

any update on this ? ppl report but if nothing happens seems meh..

This discussion has been closed.