Second Sunday for October

Hi everyone -

I know that we haven't announced our Q4 event schedule yet (it's coming s**n), but I know there are a lot of questions about Second Sunday for October so folks can plan if they're going to visit someplace or if they want to submit banners ... so I'm kinda being a little sneaky and

There WILL be Second Sunday for October and it will be, last I saw, any six missions.

What happens beyond October First Saturday and Second Sunday, we wait...

<3

Comments

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

This. I've got unique Mission Day cities with official missions lined up through February, which is when I'll hopefully get onyx if Second Sundays continue until then.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Both factions have made use of remote intel support for years. Umbra had decoding challenges that could be done from anywhere. But perhaps the closest to "couch anomaly" might be the remote recharging that's already been a part of quite a few anomaly series.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I disagree. Imagine if Niantic decided that Onyx Connector was too hard and lowered the bar to 20,000. I bet a lot of people who pushed HARD to get that 100,000 would be pretty upset.

Ingress is a competitive game, with lots of different ways to compete. People work hard for their showy status badges.

On the flip side -- why would people work their fingers off creating traditional exploration Mission Days for a safer future if there's no badge gated behind them?

• Thanks for the heads-up. We appreciate it.

Being able to safely do a "MD" i think is inportant right now, people downplaying covid is one of the factors that made and kept this mess going... so playing it safe is a good thing IMHO.

Looking foward to the day where we can all travel to somewhere else without too much worry.

• Maybe not any unique six but those which are not completed before , will add some little bit of challenge here .

As I guess , we nearly completed all missions in our local area and we have to travel a bit far to get a new mission !🤔

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're telling me you're choosing to devalue your own achievement? You could make the weekend a trip to anywhere you want to venture but no, you decide it's better to complain about being able to do it from your own area?

• It's not about the game. Second Sunday is fun. It's just completely not MD. Not even close.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting example, that. Imagine if they changed Sojourner to increment by 7 with every Epoch tick. One of these things is not like the other.

There have always been hard badges and easy badges. I don't have a problem with that. But don't change the rules so dramatically halfway.