Completely and utterly fed up with both game performance and bugs. [RANT]

thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in General

I'm sorry Niantic, but I've completely had it. Your game is barely playable, and I'm fed up.

We've been on Prime full time now for approximately 2 years. Comm is still completely and totally broken, to the point that we don't get attack notifications, things don't refresh regularly, items that appear in intel comm don't appear in scanner comm, etc.

When it DOES actually work, you can't recharge on an agent attacking because the game completely locks up. You try to use cube after cube after cube, only to have it reject your recharge attempts and give you a cryptic on-screen error, or just sit there and hang for 30-60 seconds (even on Wi-Fi).

When out playing, the scanner still leaks memory and crashes or dramatically slows down after you interact with 50-100 portals. Scanning still crashes regularly on uploads. Lag is extremely common and not a day goes by where I don't miss out on portal captures/upgrades because the servers just lag out and I'm stuck waiting for a previous command to process, unable to cancel it or interact with new portals because the buttons are greyed out. Everything will be fine and then suddenly you just can't mod or resonate a portal; literally every 5th to 10th portal, every single day, I get some kind of game lag. This happened the second you moved us onto these awful budget servers and hasn't abated since.

We still get NoRetries Errors all the time when trying to throw fields quickly or take down (can't say k i l l on here...) a heavily-linked portal. Links randomly error out or won't show as available until you restart the scanner. Alphabetical key sorting STILL does not work properly the second you load or unload a capsule of keys, or have just been out playing for a while; you have to restart the scanner to fix it.

And on top of ALL of that, you don't test a thing and manage to mangle or otherwise muck up every single live event that you put out (the latest being this ADA mess-up in a LONG line of mess-ups). iOS people had to fight for months with your broken subscription implementation, and I have fellow agents who are still locked out of intel after you tried to combine their Ingress and Pogo accounts and screwed it up, and support will not properly help them.

It's utterly incredible that this is the way you run this game and expect us to be happy with it, give you good ratings in the app store, and even pay you monthly for it. Shame on you.

Either fix your game, or shut it off. As it stands right now, it is an insult to each and every agent playing this game.

Tagged:

Comments

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

If you're this bitter about the game, it says more about you than Niantic that you're still here...

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

No jokes from anyone at Niantic? These topics are not funny and it's better to ignore them huh? How predictable.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

strange so much lag :/ and drones are not lowered the cooldown.. boooo it makes it less enjoyable struggle with something thats out of your hands.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Right there with you on the subscription. I barely got any alerts this morning from local frogs playing, only 1 out of every 3-4 actually showed up in comm (until I restarted). Couldn't recharge at all. Portals with links ghosted and I couldn't capture them for 30+ seconds, or I could fill them half-out and then they would error on the 5th or 6th resonator.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't use a power cube, just get the halo-o'-freeze.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't deploy a resonator, you get the whispies of doom over the portal.

• I did. Sad, but less frustrating knowing that it's not something I pay for, therefore can't blame anything if not working.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely failing today, barely functional this morning.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian anything new on this?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s evening here and the game has been down 3 times. Normally when the game lags, you restart. Today it’s restart, logo, then fade to black. It’s ridiculous. After I finished my mission with extensive times waiting at portals for the game to function again, I walked back to my car trying to scan some portals, jeez that's not working either.

I hope Niantic is aware of the issue, their monitoring should've picked up on it, heck maybe they even did something to resolve the problem, who knows. All we can do is vent on this 'dear diary' platform and hope we can play.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticThia Since no one else from Niantic/Ingress will even respond.

Will you accept the challenge?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

but I'd be happier if they would remove XM Ambassadors that enjoy trespassing and poisoning the community.

??? where does the call of removing an XMA come from in a thread about lags and outages?

• I will give an amen to this post

I try defend high team value fields, but I experience lagg at literally every second portal I try to recharge defend. The lagg helps the attacker as bursters are stacked - and rechargers get blocked from recharging

• Niantic removed two XMAs early on to avoid potential issues, but after that, the XMA program has been pretty successful, and I've enjoyed working with all of the XMAs! They're all great people to talk to and great members of the community. I also fail to see how we're related to this post at all, as InvestigateXM pointed out above.