Coming Soon: Optima Kinetic Challenge ll

Comments

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

Just in time... I was running real low on my SBUL stock. Time to fix that! :D

• like this comment if you want the programs but you only want the silver, the gold is horrible 🤢

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Why aren't 10 L4 power cubes part of the bundle for those of us who craft hypercubes?

• 5-10 % ?? You got a source on that or are you just inventing numbers? Last time I checked Ingress doesnt add any distance at all when you are in an area without portals for a certain time. Meaning its different for everyone. I clearly stated I was talking about my experience.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume Niantic just copied the text from the first Round. The Kinetic Program Bundle has been updated since then to include 10x Power Cubes after the Hypercube program was added.

• Could you clarify about Hypercube Program?

• Hypercube Program: Kinetic energy distance reduced from 4km to 2km

"4km" would mean the recipe is from the previous event. Then we have 2 Hypercube(HC) with 2km, 10 L4+ Powercube(PC), 6,000XM.

According to the existing recipe, we would get 5 HCs with "8km" -> 2km, 10 L4+ PC, 4,000XM.

What do we get with what?

Or am I misunderstanding?

• Hi there. It's not perfect, no. But two things might help increase your distance: 1) Drop a key or other item every time you turn. The scanner only measures your distance from point A to point B. And it needs you to take an action that indicates your location. If you walk around the block, drop an item at each corner and you'll get credit for those 4 straightaways instead of just the straight line distance between A & B. 2) Walk in straight lines are much as you can. Best of luck, Agent.

• I realy need the adventure sync for this

• Are the badges stackable? In other words if the first badge you need 4 do you need 16 for the 2nd badge or 12 which is 16 - 4 (from the first badge) given you 12.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The thing is, Trekker or walking distance, is the one of the harder stat to accrue quickly, and also most prone to error. People can get 20M AP, create 1000 fields, deploy 1000 resonators, glyph 300 portals in one day or two, but I doubt many people can walk 100km in less than 4 or 5 days, which put huge burden on people didn't participate first round challenge, or didn't walk much.

About prone to error, remember when the first Field Test / Hexathlon, due to the inclusion of Trekker, many weren't even able to get 3 kilometers even as they walked way further? I know modifications and improvements are made, but it's still a big uncertainty and drag down people.

Also, the waste between capsules is considerable when you have to make 50 of them in 10 days, due to delay in calculating.

I'm fine with 50 capsules requirement, just give people longer time, like 20 days to meet this. Not everyone are full time Ingress players.

• I hope that the event metric of the OKC Part 1 will appear before the OKC Part 2 and both will appear permanently in the profile (to be labeled as OKC)

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

>just give people longer time, like 20 days to meet this

We did get 20 days. Round 1 was announced specifically with the intention of Round 2 and new tiers, with progress from the first Round carried over. If you only completed 4 Capsules and called it quits, well, that's kinda on you, you could have easily continued to collect Capsules.

• Unfortunately I only got half the progress I could have in the first half - because the most interesting program for me, by far, was the hypercubes, and that required 4km instead of 2km to complete.

As for the percentage of a walk recorded, I would agree on the 5-10% loss EXCEPT when you get close to the end of a KC program. I spend a lot of time staring at my KC stuck on 7.9km, waiting for it to tick up so I can reload it - this is easily 0.5km a time. And with 2km programs this lag will have a far greater effect on the loss %

• Apart from the people that started playing after the first event. I wasn't playing at the time so doing 50 in 10 days is just not going to happen with the very inaccurate distance clocking. I will not get gold as I currently have a wound on my leg that slows me down meaning 50 in 10 days just isn't possible for everyone if it was 20 days I think I could do it.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I don't think gold should be easy. But I think it should be more predictable. In an AP challenge, I know that if I throw x links, make y fields, I will get a certain amount of AP. Yes, there may be difficulties finding portals of the right colour and having the gear to make these fields - but they are challenges I can see and deal with.

The KCs are set up as a predictable item - walk x km and complete a program, but in reality it is semi-random as I just do not know how far I will really have to walk or wait before the game updates with the distance I have walked.

In some ways I would rather it was acknowledged (by Niantic) as being random than this idea that I should be able to plan how to achieve the goal.

• I have never experienced this unpredictability. I depend on the kinetic capsule a lot because I have a constant shortage of power cubes, so I am crafting hypercubes all the time and I am often impatient to get the next batch. I also use Trekker medal for leveling (now waiting for Platinum to get to L15). So I watch this closely. Yet I see no problems.

Couldn't that be somehow influenced by the smartphone hardware or settings?

• Perhaps it is linked with smartphones/settings - but the experience is not unique to me, I've seen it on more than one phone, and I cannot think of any settings I could change that might affect it.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a tracker sheet for the event and got a little carried away because I was having fun making it. Details in this thread: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/16688/optima-kinetic-capsule-tracker#latest

• How is the daily 40 km limit counted? Is it midnight to midnight local time, GMT or ...? It might be important for this event.

• Will there be an Optima Kinetic Challenge lll or lV or V?

I wasn't able to participate in the first round. I'm limited about what I can do in a day (for -reasons-), not even counting the different between 'real km' and 'Ingress km'. With the current limit of 10 days for the challenge I'd like to know so that I can set my goals appropriately.