Myriad Hack Challenge (July 11 - 22) Discussion

Since we can't comment on the announcement topic...

IMO a great challenge.

A reward if we succeed.

A consequence if we don't.

And an individual badge.

5* in my book

Tagged:

Comments

• Question has been asked if individual medal will assist level up

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. All medals have an associated value to them. This is why when you redeem a character medal, it shows as bronze.

• caffo666caffo666 ✭✭
    edited July 2019

Will there be an individual counter for unique hacks like with the dark xm event, at the bottom of the statistics page?

Edit:

Will portals that are already being hacked once count towards the unique hacks challenge?

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I can't quote you because this community has some silliness going on, but @caffo666 check out the second paragraph and last paragraph of the release...

We will be measuring Unique Portal Hacks (UPH) during this eleven day window. If a Portal was hacked the day before the event started, then hacked during the event, it would still count as a UPH for this challenge.

There will be a new event metric enabled in scanners for the duration of the event to track how many unique hacks you have during this challenge.

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent, I'm looking forward to this!

Any idea when badge images will be released?

Will we receive this badge as we earn it, like in some past challenges?

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Niantic for putting the times in UTC. 👍

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure we got this in the bag. I like to see both ENL and RES agents working together to achieve a goal. Puts a fresh take on the game.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Niantic, how banned accounts will be taken into account in this challenge? e.g. New account, 5000 unique portal visits in 3 days and banned before the end the event.

If we report suspect account will they be banned before the end of the event?

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Niantic might have learned a lesson from Dark XM. Don't connect the individual reward to a global goal disconnected from the personal goal. Make the personal goal actually help the global goal, which is what the personal goal (Unique hacks) is doing to the global goal (global unique hacks). So 👍️

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Is this OP? Or a chance to get people who go to Miriad . a chance to reload as quick as possible? is single six portal worth it? HPD (high portal dense) areas are going to be a bigger concern than less dense areas. This plus Gliph hack is going to be an issue in HPD areas like where I live.

• LiadinLiadin ✭✭

A reward if we succeed and a consequence if we fail?! I feel like this is a good excuse for me to get out there and complete some missions.