Ingress 2.80.1 Release Notes

edited September 2021 in Release Notes

What’s New

• Ingress now receives updates to the Portal Network through Niantic Lightship, like other Niantic Games. 

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Tapping the Android Back button goes back 2 screens on Missions Medals and Manage Inventory screens.

Post edited by NianticBrian on

Comments

• Thanks, @NianticBrian

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that means that the issues with Portals not appearing is now sorted in this latest version.

• I don't understand why an agent only being able to deploy one L8 reso is a change? Except for special events, it's always that way. I hope it doesn't mean portals can't be upgraded by other agents....

• Sorry I was off topic! Oops!

• I'm really curious what the plans are to handle images going forward as well. I always submit in Ingress because I liked having the first (and usually only) portal photo to have my agent name. Anything submitted through another game just shows up as "Unknown" which is pretty insulting - but understandable I guess. Does this change how that is handled? Will PoGo ever get credit? It could be as simple as "Agent: Name", "Trainer: Name", "Wizard: Name" for example. I use my same name in all games but I know some people don't. I'd **** for a Wayfarer app though specifically to handle POIs and nothing else - just yesterday I was in a town where my cell service dropped to 3 bars instead of 4 and even though I tried for 30 minutes straight I could not get a submission to send through Ingress. I finally gave up and tried my first ever submit through PoGo and it worked the first try. Is there a difference in background processes that makes submitting so much harder in one game over the other?

• Oooh, that would **** me off, too! I realize Pogo is moneybags & ingress isn't, but I'd hoped that supporting the game with the monthly subscription would help keep it relevant. But when pogo works and Ingress doesn't, it's sad. And I also hope that the pogo submissions don't say "unknown " anymore 🤞

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. Portals is all on the server. A version update does nothing here.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

the very case when the company scored on its product. There are no translation fixes, no plot, new content was more than half a year ago. only the list of new bugs is missing.

• I still can't reliably sort my keys alphabetically.

• When is the Ingress in-app store going to start having the NL1331 2020 badge?

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

For quite some time server side upgrades are also reflected in the release notes. Although nothing in the scanner itself has changed.

But yes it helps to make it appear something changed in the app, while for iOS there is literally nothing different between the two versions (based on the patch notes)

• I have a theory.

Before, there was a specific server(s) for Ingress containing the content shared between the games (wayspots location, name, pictures, description…) and the content specific to ingress (xm, resonators, mods…).

With pogo (and hpwu), these shared informations where centralized in lightship.

But there was still a duplication of the data in the ingress server, and duplication is bad for the coherence.

That's why the latest photos added to wayspots where visible in pogo but not ingress, they were not sync (because of the lightship migration coming I think).

With the migration of ingress to lightship, there is no more duplication, but the scanner was not yet able to talk directly to lightship, so the ingress server was acting as a proxy.

This new update integrate the direct communication with lightship, that's why it's in the changelog.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's obvious that Niantic wasn't to make one game have more control over the POIs than others. Look at how many people joined Ingress just to abuse that aspect. Even though Ingress reviewers might have a better idea of the guidelines, Niantic has centralized their POI efforts to Wayfarer.

The guidelines for any nominations are de facto Wayfarer guidelines. They are planning to make improvements to the onboarding for any kind of nominations but in Niantic fashion that obviously isn't going to happen overnight.

It's also important to note the lack of communication from Niantic because a lot of reviewers from the other games do want to improve the network but it's about on the same difficulty as following the Ingress lore to find centralized discussions. People eventually find them after a while.

• What about the location edits not appearing in PoGo, done through Ingress

• AndraderiojAndraderioj ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Uma dos bugs mais incômodos do Ingress, a Nia não resolve. A tela embaralhada com os dados de contagem de medalha na parte superior. Já faz mais de um ano que a tela está desse jeito. É realmente vergonhoso.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

still waiting for poi from july that are in pogo & hpwu to come live in ingress 😐️

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Works extreme slow and laggy now. Please resolve the bug soon and slow servers.

• Jesus christ. This game is SO abandoned by developers.

Just discontinue the app already

Can't wait for the next release notes in 2 weeks "Changed a pixel color in the Maverick badge"