Myriad Hack Challenge Questions

interlockinginterlocking ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Events

Edit: clarifications posted by RSC/NIA have addressed these clarifications. Request for badge preview stands.

Please clarify the following for the just announced myriad hack challenge:

(1) The global challenge requires 13 million different portals to be hacked, correct? Each portal will count the first time it is hacked during the challenge, regardless of whether the agent hacking that portal had hacked it previously.

(2) The individual hack challenge is for unique hacks during the event, correct? Each portal counts the first time that agent hacks that portal, regardless of whether they have hacked it prior to the event.

Will the badge be previewed before the event begins?

Thank you

@NianticOfficial @RedSoloCup

Tagged:

Comments

• (2) The individual hack challenge is for unique hacks during the event, correct? Each portal counts the first time that agent hacks that portal, regardless of whether they have hacked it prior to the event.

One additional question: Is the invidual counter the counter for hacks of the agent only or for the agent's participation in the global challenge? i.e. if I already hacked a portal and another agent hacks that portal as well: Will that other agent get +1 on their counter?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the medal be shown before the event starts, or we'll again regret hacking those 750 portals to get, as it will turn out, an unpleasantly looking gold tier medal?

• Clarification posted by RSC seems to address both of these. Re: (1), it's not 13M portals, but 13M unique hacks. So if ten agents hack the same unique portal, it counts as 10. This renders (2) moot (along with TimWolla's question).

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Andrew Krug has just clarified that this will be a sum of all agents unique hacks.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Didn't we already have a unique portal hacked event? Err Darsana Prime event 4 months ago...

Can we get something worthwhile like a trekker event?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the tiers shojuld have been, gold, plat, onux.... i am not that happy that highest is a gold only... looks bad along my plat and onyx badges .(