Only Return Enemy Drones?

What are the community's thoughts on neutralizing a portal only returning enemy faction drones and not returning friendly drones? If a neutral portal is housing a friendly drone, should capping the portal return it?

I've found myself not attacking an enemy portal a few times because it housed a friendly drone.

Comments

• There’s a simple solution here, don’t worry about returning your own faction’s drones on other faction portals, as you are just clearing a conflict of interests.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a taste for tearing down the other faction's P8s. I have no doubt I've returned a few friendly drones among the dozens that I've sent home but I wouldn't know because I rarely turn that layer on. I've had my own returned by friendly fire a couple of times.

I like the all or nothing nature of it because that adds an extra dab of complexity to the game.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I never keep it in drone view while I'm playing for precisely this reason. I don't want to end up leaving a portal neutral or green when I otherwise wouldn't. So, I'd just rather not know it's there. 🙈🙉🙊

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I had my drone in a green farm. Someone else tore it down and sunk my battleship, err, returned my drone. Fine by me. Next time I'm out that way I will dump it back on their portals. Cuz...that extra 100 AP when glyphing is pretty cool!

• Just play, enjoy, have fun and dont worry about other agents drones!! 😎

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

The drone hunting sub-game is cool, but if you are not into that you might just hide the drone layer. So is up to you to play or not :)