How about a virtual Mission Day for all ?

mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Mission Days

Maybe if niantic soon wants do the Optima banner challenge again how about they do it like the virtual NL tour but same only that you do 6 piece banner like on any MD day to get a medal, anyone worldwide could do a quick short banner and unlock the MD medal like NL which for many is a medal they never even would unlock including me the MD medal is the last badge unlocked :P

What do you think of this? And encourage ppl do this alone, no need gather around or build, u would just do a banner when it suits you..

@NianticBrian

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't see this happen.

MDs have a good distribution over the world and now are virtual events already. They also have a complete different goals compared to NL.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

u could say the same about NL-tours yet they did a virtual... who knows how long this corona will put on hold all events worldwide etc.

• Would be interesting if they came up with one. I was looking forward to attending one this year but alas...

• While I wouldn't mind a virtual mission day, I would totally miss being able to walk and explore the mission locations.

• mmmmm

• Seria interesante, aunque siempre lo mejor es salir y visitar nuevos lugares, pero por ahora no podemos. lamentablemente NIA no toma mucho en cuenta a los agentes de ingress ya que prioriza otras plataformas de juegos donde si ganan mucho dinero y prácticamente tienen eventos todo el tiempo y sin salir de casa.....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest apk info from FEV games hints something about Drones ? maybe it will be possible from home using drone ingame somehow and interact with portals? that way a virtual mission day could be possible who knows? Until covid-19 clears up worldwide it can be a while before things are back to normal so maybe not even this year but using a drone ingame could help somehow... we will have to wait and see..

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Yes they allowed us to make more... but not if you created your account after the old scanner got retired. All those agent get 'running hot' error, even when trying to edit own online missions.

edited June 2020

How exactly is this supposed to work?

Release 1 billions missions spread in all cities arround the globe?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

no we could use drone and do existing misisons but still unlock the MD medal doing atleast 6 or so ? like a new drone needed with less cooldown and that gives no items on hack maybe or so? waiting 1 hour with current isnt that great lol... Its just an idea since no events really seems to come anytime soon but with the drone thingy they could change things a bit if they want... same as FS is virtual now and no need to even be outside for it like usual.. same here u could do mission day from home at one day only... again just an idea. to have something to do even from home.

MD is a touristic event where agents should explore and know a new city, visiting the landmarks and completing at least 6 thematic missions made for the event.

Doing random mission just for the sake of earning a new badge is just sad... MD and anomalies aren't compatible with current quarantine routine.

But, we could have a new chapter of Nemesis, collecting drone hacks.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

well but covid will last a long long while so what do u suggest then? until a real MD will be we can wait a long time for that, doing like they did the NL medal was nice, why not do something similar? its just an idea... but having no events or even a virtual makes no sense to me..... ingress without that is kinda boring.....

they could do the battles with drones somehow maybe? then u could play from home safe and earn a badge perhaps without going outside in those areas that are strict lockdown and advised against....

Post edited by mortuus on
  • The idea of performing drone missions in ingress would be interesting. You can create several types of drones, including combat ones, which can interact with the opposite faction.

• I would really like to have a +1 on the Mission Day medal! Since we are stuck in the house most of the time, it would be fun.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Wow a year passed since i created this thread.. not much has changed since then neither the situation worldwide or get a reply atleast if they could consider one :? similar to the virtual NL we had recently i still think this would be a good idea.. i hate have this badge locked and im sure many would like to atleast unlock this one :P

MD seems still like that is far away and anomalies so they could promote this virtual MD could be fun if they could get it to work with the new drone MK.2 somehow....

• edited April 2021

I suggested this back in July 2020, because not everyone has missions within safe travel distance from them (or not ones they haven't done already).

But I'd say at this point Niantic is not looking to add more pandemic related functionality.

• This was accepted now.