Invalid Portal Question.

edited July 2019 in General

Hello,

I have discovered two portals that are in a private gated community. The community has hundreds of acres of property. I have the community's welcome packet stating that the community is private and guests must always be accompanied by a member of the community. Also the welcome packet shows one of the buildings that is one of the portals. I have pictures of all three gates keeping you from going in. I also have the names and GPS coordinates of each portal. What I cannot do is submit a report via the scanner because the portals are too far into the community. So far I can't see them on my scanner. How do i submit these portals when I cannot reach them with my scanner?

Tagged:

Comments

• I would like to add a correction. It has 7000 acres of property. Is listed as a "private resort" on the website membership access fees ranging from $420 to $1100. There is absolutely zero public access to the property.

• Portals don't have to available to everybody to be valid. It has been stated many times by Niantic themselves that portals in gated communities are perfectly valid and will not be removed just because the are inaccessible to some or even most people.

The people who live there have access and that is enough.

You can gain access by making friends with and/or recruiting someone with membership. Otherwise, ignore the portals and play around them.

• That's why this game has always been riddled with cheaters and people that cross private property

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

People in gated communities play AR games too. Why should they be denied playing Pokemon Go or Harry Potter near their homes because they happen to live on the other side of a security gate?

• Ah, the old "people only cheat because Niantic makes them" argument. Sorry, no. People choose to cheat and trespass. Niantic doesn't force them to. If people can't resist the temptation, they should seek professional councilling for poor impulse control.

Or just not play.

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

Other people can access the property legally. Utility workers, Postal and Delivery They aren't cheating.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

it is not them being unable to participate. It is creating environments where fields based on taking advantage of three portals on unreachable areas except for one person creating a field covering areas that drown agents out from being able to participate. that is what people have a problem with. THat is the cause of wanting the removal of lighthouses that are on islands/gated areas unreachable without a boat. Fix the rules on portals so that factions can't just put three portals on areas that civilians can't reach without tresspassing..